𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟙𝟞

Emily would soon learn that Yejune really did mean what she had said. 

The next day turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. It was the perfect weather with no clouds in the blue sky, flowers blooming as spring started to leave them and the campus trees turned from being naked to having bright green leaves and the dry grass starting to turn into green as well. 

Joo-hyuck did better and won his match, though by a slight margin, but won nonetheless and Emily cheered him on happily. Frankly, she is feeling rather confident for her last match today. Following her two very successful matches in the past three days, Emily has found a grown surge in confidence in her abilities. After all, was this not exactly why Emily had decided to move to Korea. 

To improve her chances on being able to compete internationally.

No. To just even be able to compete anywhere. 

It has taken her four long years to come back to this path but now she is finally here, she won't let anything or anyone ruin her chances again. Last time was bad enough and if only she had acted earlier or taken action earlier, she might even be a global champion by now. Instead she had to start again from ground zero. 

Sometimes, Emily finds her thoughts drifting back to her swimming days in America. 

She misses her friends and her fellow swimmers, whom she spent all of her adolescence with. They've seen her grow up, go through puberty, win her very first national and international medals. They've laughed together, cried together, cheered on each together, fell ill together. It was a time in her life where every breathing moment was spent on swimming or related to swimming. And even though she still spends every breathing moment on swimming, she is now all alone in her journey. What hurts even more is that she can't even contact them despite having all of their information because Emily knows that none of them want to really reach out to her or talk to her. Or maybe it is her that doesn't want to talk to them because it will bring back the painful memories. 

Without a doubt, Emily is grateful of her friendship with Jia, Soyeon and Nana, because without them she surely would have no one to talk to on campus, but they never managed to fill in the gap of her friends that she left back in America. They never understood the seriousness of swimming in Emily's life, or why it is completely unacceptable for her to fail or why she even moved to Korea to pursue her dreams. 

Albeit, she has never told them of the incident. 

She has thought about it several times. She has had several opportunities but each time she chickened out and decided against it. Besides, she doubts whether they will even remain in close touch with her once they all graduate. 

The closest person she even came to telling about the incident is Jeonghan. She was halfway through her reciting when they had been interrupted and then never got around the topic again. Now that she looks back on it, it was truly a blessing in disguise. Nothing good would have come out if Jeonghan had learnt about the incident. 

Emily gets up from her seat and heads off to the changing rooms. She'll quickly see him, maybe sneak in a kiss or two, and then she'll start preparing for her match. It was easy to leave before the crowd started to surge out because Emily had sat on one of the top seats. This time alone since all of her friends are in their classes at the moment. 

Emily slid into the athlete and staff only section and decided to first get changed instead. The girl's changing room was all empty apart from the cleaning lady who was exiting at the time and Emily swiftly changed into her swimming gear. She then pulled on her tracksuit and jumper over it, ready to warm up after she finishes meeting up with Joo-Hyuck.