Chapter 4: Are you dissapointed?

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

[Third person P.O.V]

Freen approached Becky and checked out her face. "Sorry I'm late. I had to deal with personal affairs," she remarked bluntly, scratching her brow.

Becky didn't mind saying, "It doesn't matter." She was relieved to learn that Freen was a good-looking woman. There was at least one nice thing about her.

Just as she turned, her sight fell on the Patek Philippe watch on Freen's wrist, that had been sparkling in the sunlight.

Although she was not rich, she had seen enough of the world to recognize the value of the watch. She knew at a look that the watch was worth at least a million dollars. Her eyebrows rose in surprise.

Everyone told her that Freen was a poor, lowly woman. That was the reason they wanted Becky to marry her in the first place. How could she afford such an expensive watch?

Seeing the frown on Becky's face, Freen followed her gaze and saw her watch.

Moments later, she realized what Becky was thinking.

"This is a knock-off that I borrowed from my friend," she whispered into her ear. "I usually wear it to look cool but didn't expect you'd notice it soon."

Freen removed the watch and put it into her pocket.

"It looks real." Becky smiled and stepped back, covering her flaming ears.

Freen was leaning closer, and she could feel her breath blowing in her ear as she spoke.

Thinking about it, Becky concluded that having a street buddy who sold fakes was not unusual for someone like Freen.

A sigh of relief embarked her. Becky had briefly became worried, believing Freen had committed a crime in order to acquire money.

Freen arched her forehead. She'd heard that the Quinn family's daughter went out with different men on a regular basis and had multiple boyfriends. She seems surprised by the shyness of the girl in front of her.

"I wasn't aware that the Armstrong family had two daughters" Freen remarked. "I thought I'd be marrying Nita Armstrong today."

"I'm the older one. My dad divorced my mom when I was three." Becky said.

"So you're just like me, the blacksheep of the family, huh?"

"Are you disappointed that I'm not the Armstrong family heiress?" Becky sarcastically said raising her left eyebrow.

"I can't say that I am." Freen quickly answered, "Are you disappointed that you have to marry a good for nothing loser?"

"Can't say that I am," Becky imitates Freen's words. "And you shouldn't talk down on yourself like that--"

Their conversation was interrupted by a woman's sweet voice, "The other bride is here. Why hasn't the wedding begun yet?" Nita beamed as she moved forward, holding her boyfriend's arm.

"Since you're here, let me introduce my boyfriend to you," she remarked looking at Freen, carefully increasing her voice a decibel higher. "This is Nop Kanpiang, the Kanpiang family's eldest son. We're family. Nop and I can support you in the future."

Nop quickly lowered his head. It was as if he was embarrassed to meet Becky's stare.

Becky's felt nothing as she saw Nop showing up with Nita. So she assumed it was their first time meeting and commented casually. "Ahh, nice introduction. But your present lover differs from the one I saw last week. I wonder if you'll be with him next week."