Chapter 11💋: I don't know what to do, Freen.

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

After their encounter, Freen and Becky immediately went home. They were now sitting together on the sofa and Freen was treating the scratch on Becky's palm. It turned out that she had received an injury earlier due to a man pushing her. Her soft white and smooth palm, now had a scar.

While being treated, Freen stared intently at it. Her displeasure at what happened can be seen on her face. Despite her seemingly calmness demeanor, her mood is still raging. She couldn't explain why she felt this way. She struggled to convey her feelings.

Freen's angry look didn't escape Becky's eyes either, "I'm sorry" she said.

"Why are you saying sorry?"

She turned to look at Freen, "I shouldn't have tried to pawn off your gift."  she explained, tears clouded her eyes. "I changed my mind. I couldn't go through with it."

Freen's eyebrow creased, "That's what you're sorry about?"

"Yes. Isn't that why you're mad?"

"No. No, I'm mad because if you had money problems, you should have come to me!"  Freen couldn't help but raise her voice. The anger that she felt, and she was trying to suppress earlier, now came out on its own without her intention. "I'm your wife!" she pointed at herself, "Why didn't you ask me for help? You could've gotten hurt today. And what if I wasn't there? What was going through your head, Rebecca?!" Freen's non-stop lecture.

"My wife?" Becky asked crying.

"Yes! I--"

"You were the one that said that this is all pretend and that we shouldn't meddle on each other's business. What choice do I have?" Becky's shoulders sagged, her own frustration mingling with Freen's, "I got rejected from SF enterprise because the interviewer hates my guts. I married a stranger because my mom is in the hospital and I have no way to pay her medical bills and I am drowning in debt trying to pay them off!" She shook her head, realizing she already voice out the little secret she's been hiding to Freen. But that's the least of her concern now.

"Bec--"

"I don't know what to do, Freen. I'm trying my best to---" 

Before Becky could finish her words, Freen leaned in and kissed her. 

Becky was taken aback at first, but then she melted into the kiss, her heart racing.

The way they passionately kiss each other and how Freen holds Becky, gently rubs the latter's cheeks say's a lot of unspoken words. Their heads move so in sync. Slow and soft blinking of their eyes. It's as if the time stops for a moment between them.

When they finally pulled away, breathless, Freen looked into Becky's eyes, her gaze sparkling with affection, "Becky," Freen whispered, her voice soft as a melody. "I.... I'm sorry, I-I lost my temper with you."

Becky smiled, her heart fluttering like a butterfly's wings. "Freen...."

"And, um, what was it that you were saying about marrying me because of your mom's treatment?" Freen asked, her voice filled with warmth. But she couldn't belived the news she had heard.

Becky don't have a choice but to tell the truth now, "Last week, I went to go ask my dad for money. When I went to go ask him, my sister interfere...."

And so, becky's explanation goes on....

"Okay, so your dad still hasn't paid you like he promised and then the SF interview was sabotaged and that's why you tried to sell the shoes?" Freen connected the dots and gave an explanation not to Becky but to herself.