Chapter 10: Get your hands off my wife!

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

"Heng has agreed to sell you his share, so now we just need Saint and Opp." Nam informed Freen as they sipped on their go to drinks.

They decided to catch up at a quiet and isolated place inside Freen's car, away from the usual hustle and bustle of people. 

Freen nodded, impressed by the positive news, "Right."

Meanwhile, Becky was walking quietly, in her hands was the heels Freen bought for her. She's heading to a pawnshop.

'Maybe I can just do a quick pawn shop loan with these. I'll get it back once I find a job.' she said to herself. A smile appear on her face.

Nam sight a woman who's seems to walks innocently, "Wait a minute, Isn't that Miss Armstrong?" She asked, then look at her friend with curious eyes.

Freen's gaze shifted to the person Nam was mentioning. She didn't have time to pay attention to her surroundings since she was mulling over a possible plan to force Saint and Opp to sell their shares to her.

"Where is she going with the shoe box?" Nam asked again.

Freen exhaled, looking at the direction of where Becky is, "Let's follow her." 

On the other side, with a deep sigh, Becky entered the pawnshop. She was greeted by a man behind the counter.

"Hi sir, how much can I get for these?" she asked, "Uh, never worn them once." she added.

The man carefully examined the shoes, "Hmm...pristine condition. excellent brand. I'll give you twelve thousand grand." he said.

A price the man stated shocked Becky, "12k? They're brand new, and they cost fifty thousand."  she said, considering it was much less than what Freen actually paid for it when they bought it.

The man dropped the heels he was holding and said so, "Look, lady, best I can do is 12k. take it or leave it" 

Meanwhile, Freen and Nam were standing on the opposite side of a store, peeping through the window to see what was going on.

"Is she pawning off the shoes you bought her?" Nam asked in shock.

Even though Freen felt disappontted, she still chose to understand Becky, "I bought her the shoes. She could do whatever she wants with them." she said, depending her.

'She must really need money. Why doesn't she ask me for help.' Freen thinks on her mind then urge Nam to retreat.

Hearing what the man said, a memory of when Freen bought the shoes flooded Becky's mind.

"Actually, I don't wanna sell these anymore." She hurriedly put the heels on the box then carried it.

"Wait, wait, wait, okay fine." The man stopped her, "I'll give you 15k. You look like you can use the cash, so I'mma help you out." he tried to convince her.

But Becky already made her mind. She flashed a smile at the man. "The truth is, they mean a lot to me. I don't wanna sell them." she said then turned her back. 

But the man objected to what was going on. Because he knows very well of what the shoes' actual worth, which Becky should have sold to him. "Excuse me, now? Don't be greedy. 15k is a lot of money. You better sell now while you have a chance." He's trying to persuade her again.