Chapter 6: You promised me

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Becky smiled to herself and strolled into the kitchen. There were eggs, bacon and bread in the fridge. It looked just like the spices were never utilized some time recently.

She then put on an apron and started to make breakfast.

The bacon sizzled, and the tasty scent of butter drifted within the air that made Freen to woke up. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the lady actively cooking in the kitchen.

She kept on staring at her in a trance. The scene brought memories of the past, as a solid sense of wistfulness overwhelmed her.

For a minute, she thought it was a dream. When she was a child her mother continuously made breakfast before she wake up, and the entire house would filled the scent of butter.

Freen ran a hand through her hair. The vision became clear, and she realized it was her newly married wife.

Seeing that Freen was already sitting on the couch, gazing in a trance, Becky asked casually, "Are you hungry? I'm preparing breakfast, the bread is almost ready. Freshen up first."

She had made a simple breakfast of sandwiches and soup with anything they had in the fridge.

Becky was known to be a great cook. Phon had even recommended once that she should open a small restaurant.

Freen soon came out of the bathroom, pulled a wooden chair, and sat down. Her mouth watered when she saw the steaming breakfast on the table. She picked up a sandwich and took a bite.

Her heart faltered as she recalled the time when she and her mother had supper at this table numerous a long time back when she was a child. Freen had eaten all sorts of food from costly restaurants, but nothing appeared to be at standard with what her mother cooked. Now, Becky's food seems to take her back in time — to the good old days. 

Freen's face softened. She smiled at Becky, her eyes glimmering with emotion. "It's delicious. It tastes similar to what my mother used to cook for me when I was a child."

Becky's mouth popped open. She didn't know what to say. She had made her a simple breakfast with the ingredients they had in the fridge, however the appreciation and feeling on Freen's face shocked her. She waved her hands, shaking her head.

"I'm flattered. If it's not too much trouble then wash the dishes after you finish eating. I have something urgent to deal with today."

Freen gestured and ate her breakfast, savoring each bite.

After breakfast, Becky grabbed her handbag and left. She had something important to deal with today.

Not long after she left, a pure dark Bugatti, trundled to a stop outside the yard.

A lady in a striped suit dashed in with a bag.

Hearing the knock on the door and assuming  it was Becky, Freen opened the door and inquired, "Did you forget something?"

Nam's eyes widened. Freen's tone sounded abnormally tender. 'Is boss really happy about this marriage?' she thought.

"What are you gaping at, Nam?" Freen knitted her brows and glanced outside before beckoning her into the house. "Come in."

"Buddy, I have packed breakfast for you from the Michelin restaurant."

Freen was a picky eater. She as it were ate food from certain restaurants and food arranged by particular chef's. Nam was Freen's assistant/buddy/bestfriend and was responsible for her food.