Chapter 7: Nam was a great actor

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Lauren flashed a sweet smile, her eyes still fixated on the expensive gifts, "Freen, you....you must have misunderstood thi--"

"I don't want to hear any explanation." Freen looked at them indifferently. She was in no mood to listen to their stupid justification.

She then averted her gaze to Nam and nodded, seeing that, Nam ran over, packed everything, and took the bags away.

Freen didn't say anything more. She held Becky's hand and left the Armstrong family's villa.

As they went outside, she finally let go of her hand. Her face softened as she looked at her.

"Why didn't you inform me that you intended to come here?"

Becky didn't told Freen to accompany her as she had intended to ask her father and Lauren for the agreed money.

"I didn't plan on visiting them in the first place." She lied, "I chose to stop by since I just so happened to take this route. Have you heard about everything we spoke of? And how did you find out that I'm here?"

"I only heard how they disrespect you. Did they say anything else?" Freen turned to look at her, ignoring the last question.

Becky shook her head. She was just afraid that Freen would find out about the deal and ruin all her plans.

However, Becky was surprised at how she blindly supported her. She felt Freen was a reckless woman.

"How could you stand up for me after hearing just one sentence? What if it was my fault? The Armstrong family members are not to be trifled with."

Freen looked at Becky. Seeing her fluttering eyelashes, she swallowed and said, "I didn't care about it."

Becky chuckled.

Lauren and Nita always humiliated her every time she visited them. However, today, their frustration made her happy. She was pleased to see their disappointments.

Moreover, Becky had witnessed Freen's concern and care for her.

"Are these really gifts from the Chankimha family?" she asked, pointing at the bags.

"No. The Chankimha family has abandoned me for years. I rented these to maintain my image for you. I didn't intend on giving these gifts to them in the first place."

She lied that she had nothing to do with her family anymore, fearing that Becky would ask further questions about her.

Glancing at Nam, Freen added, "The lady here carrying the bags was the one managing a luxury rental shop."

"Hello! Nice to meet you." Nam shook Becky's hand. She couldn't help but admire her beauty.

The woman seemed nothing like what she had imagined. She was a pristine beauty and didn't seem arrogant or selfish.

"Why are you shaking hands with her" Freen glared at Nam, and the latter immediately withdrew her hand.

"Don't be rude to her! She carried these heavy bags for us. We should thank her. It's surprising to find a rental company that offers exceptional service, to tell that she's the owner, how could you let her carry those?!"

As Becky smiled and flashed those adorable dimples, Nam lost her words. She was unsure of how to respond to such statement.

After pulling her long hair back into a ponytail, Becky knelt down and started going through the contents of the bags.