Chapter 18: Should we sue her?

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Becky made her way to the CEO's office. She knocked on the door and entered, "Good morning, Ms. Faye. I brought you-"

However, as she entered, she was met with an unexpected sight. Ms. Faye was engaged in a discussion with Freen, and both of them got surprised too to see Becky.

"Freen, what are you doing here?" Becky greeted, trying to hide her surprise at the unexpected encounter.

Faye cleared her throat, a hint of nervousness in her voice. Her composed demeanor faltered slightly.

Freen's eyes widened slightly as she heard Faye's cough, as if getting back to her senses just now. She quickly stood up, a mix of surprise and nervousness crossing her face as she stare directly to her wife's eyes.

"Becky! Hi...I uhmm, I... I'm actually applying for a position here." Freen lied.

As she explained, Becky couldn't help but notice a slight stutter in her wife's words, a subtle sign of nervousness. Freen's gaze shifted between Becky and Faye, and Becky sensed a tension in the air that she couldn't quite place.

Becky raised an eyebrow, her curiosity piqued. "You are? That's... unexpected." she said. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Oh.. I-I ahh, I wanted it to be a surprise. Just in case Ms. Faye here doesn't hire me. I didn't want you to be disappointed." Freen said, she gave Becky a forced smile. Still nervous to her current situation.

"Right? Yeah, Exactly right." Faye, sensing the unease, quickly intervened. "Ahh Ms. Armstrong, I mean Rebecca, right? What was it you said you needed?"

Becky's mind briefly flitted back to the initial purpose of her visit, "Oh um, I was here to bring you a coffee." she said then walk towards the table putting the cup down.

"Uhh.."

"Oh, my manager, Risa, she asked me to buy coffee for the whole team, including you." Becky explained. "I'm not looking for a favor or anything."

Faye glance nervously at Freen, and Freen's gaze held a hint of jealousy as she looked between Becky and Faye.

'This jellybean is gonna kill me.' Faye internally said.

"You know what, I actually don't really like coffee that much. Why don't we just give this to your wife." Faye reached for the coffee cup and slid it across the table, directly in Freen's direction.

Becky blinked, surprised by the sudden gesture. Her gaze flicked between Faye and Freen.

Freen's expression shifted, a hint of satisfaction crossing her features as she accepted the coffee cup.

"Oh really? 'Cause uhmm...my manager said that you love hazelnut latte." Becky said with a smile.

"Wait...What? I'm deathly allergic to hazelnut."

Faye's expression flashed a sudden concern. Both her and Freen exchanged glances.

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Faye's demeanor suddenly changed to discomfort, her hand going to her throat as if she were struggling to breathe. Freen and Becky, caught off guard, immediately sprang into action, their expressions shifting to concern and worry.

But then realization came to both of them. Faye's sudden action was part of a playful scenario they had planned earlier. So they both play along with the scene.