The Beginning

*Flashback to 7th Grade* Amira's POV

"No Omg Chris get out of my face. I'm not sitting anywhere near you." said Chanel. My new best friend.
"Amira can you please sit with him, he's obsessed with me and I can't take it today. Just don't talk to him much." Chanel told me.

"Um yeah sure." I replied. I mean how bad could he be? We lived right down the street anyways. Chanel sat across from us with this really tall blonde guy. He waved at me. He had really nice eyes. Chanel and him seemed to be just friends though.

"Amira, this is Chase. Chase, Amira." Chanel said introducing us. I was the new girl in town. I moved in a few days before the start of school and she lived right next door to me. We were in the same grade and we looked kind of similar actually. It was like it was meant for us to be friends. She talked a lot and I was a little quiet but she was nice and funny.

"Hey Chase." I said before plopping down next to Chris. He was a little chubby with really curly hair and a light skin tone similar to mine but he had completely asian features. I could tell he was mixed.

"You're pretty." He said to me smiling as I put my stuff down next to me.

"Thank you." I smiled back. He seemed sweet to me.

We ended up talking the whole ride home. He made me laugh and I honestly wondered why Chanel didn't really like him. We exchanged information and I got off of the bus.

"Hey Chris was pretty cool. Does he like you or something?" I asked Chanel.

"Really? You think he's cool?" She laughed out loud in a shocked tone. "Yea he's liked me since last year but I have no interest in him whatsoever. He's annoying as hell." She laughed again.

"Well he was flirting with me when I sat down but I ignored it." I laughed back. "We actually had a good conversation after that though. I'll sit with him if you don't want to." I suggested to her.

"Really? You're a lifesaver. Where have you been all of my life?" She said hugging me tight. I laughed.

"Yea yea yea. Go home. I'll text you." I told her as we arrived at our houses.

"Ok boo. See ya tomorrow." She said pulling out her keys.

___________________________________
Amira's POV ( PRESENT)

Hard to believe that was almost 12 years ago. I'm 24 now with my own child. Me and Chanel don't even speak anymore but Chris is still my ride or die. Whenever I need him, he's there. Always has been. Nowadays we don't see each other as much anymore. Honestly that's by design. It's crazy to think how we got here but as long as he's in my life I'm okay with it. We've always had trouble with our significant others accepting our friendship. That's why it was pretty perfect when he started dating Chanel. For our friendship at least. Let me take you back to how that all happened. From the beginning. So where was I? Oh yea. How we met. Buckle up boo.
___________________________________

*Flashback to 7th Grade* Amira's POV

For the rest of that year, Chris and I were absolutely inseparable. In the beginning of the year it was Chanel and I but we had less classes together during the 2nd semester. He was in most of my classes for the latter half of the year. You couldn't keep us away from each other. I don't know what it was about him but when we were around each other, the conversation just never stopped. He made me smile and I looked forward to seeing him everyday. We quickly started becoming close.

"Amira and Chris! KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF EACH OTHER! Sheesh." said our dance teacher Ms. Lowell.

I laughed but my face quickly turned bright red. She had said it a few times before but now it was loud enough for the class to hear. Of course she probably did that on purpose because we weren't listening to her. "Chris stop touching Amira please." She said a few minutes before. "Amira and Chris keep your hands to yourself." She had reiterated a few minutes later. She was tired of us and he was laughing. It was innocent. We weren't being inappropriate or anything. It was really just hard to stay away from each other and of course it was middle school so people were now snickering and teasing about us liking each other.