The Real Truth

It had been months since the slapping incident and I hadn't talked to Jahad nor Chris. Our whole friend group shut them out. Jahad was such a sweet guy, I felt bad about icing him out too. He was in my gym class and it was hard not to speak to him at all. I couldn't do it anymore. He was a good guy and this wasn't his drama. I wanted to apologize.

"Hey Had." I said slowly. He was standing in the hallway by the gym.

"Oh so you're talking to me now?" He said blankly. He was a tall muscular guy. He played football and was pretty good. He had to look down at me.

"I'm sorry okay. Chan was mad so we all were. It was stupid. Just cause she's not talking to you doesn't mean we have to shut you out. You had nothing to do with all that." I said apologetically.

"Whatever. I told her to just walk away after he hit the wall. I didn't want it to escalate but I didn't get between them. She kept arguing. Not my business."
Jahad said.

"Wait a minute what? After he hit the wall? Did he hit her?"

"No. You think I would just stand there and let him hit her? That's too far. Even if it wasn't my drama."

Jahad hadn't talked to any of us since that day. He didn't know Chanel had been claiming that she'd been slapped. This is the first time I realized that. She was lying. That's why she didn't want us talking to him. Wtf.

"Is she saying he hit her? That's fucked up." He continued.

"Maybe I misunderstood her. We haven't spoken about it since then. My bad." I lied

I was still covering for her.

"Oh okay but nah he ain't hit her that I saw. You forgive me now?" He chuckled.

"Of course. I should be asking you that." I laughed back. 

"Yea I forgive you, you ain't know. We cool." He said side hugging me.

"Alright I'll see you." I told him.

I can't believe this bitch was lying. I lost my best friend over this shit. Maybe he was right. I couldn't even call him and apologize. I was blocked. I opened up my phone and started a chat with Janae and Olivia.

me: bitches assemble. y'all will never believe what Jahad just said. i didn't even ask.

liv🩷: girl what ??

nae bae🤍: What happened ?

me: i apologized to jahad. i felt bad fuck it. he just came out and said "i told her to walk away after he hit the wall" and i was like wait "hit the wall?" that's what Chris told me y'all. that he hit the wall behind her. jahad said chris never hit her.

liv🩷: 🫢🫢🫢

nae bae 🤍: So she lied ?

me: my face exactly. looks like it.

liv🩷: ok y'all i didn't wanna say nothing but i didn't see him hit her either. i wasn't that far away. i just believed Chanel bc shes my girl. i thought maybe it was a quick slap and i missed it by looking away for a small second. but i was looking over there most of the time being nosey.

nae bae🤍: THATS WHY SHE AINT WANT US TALKING TO JAHAD!!!! wtf

me: are you deadass liv??? 🤦🏽‍♀️ why you ain't say nothing?? and yep nae that's exactly how i felt.

liv🩷: i wasn't completely sure i'm sorry y'all. we stick together so i just believed her.

me: same. can't be mad at you boo

nae bae🤍: I was just listening to what y'all told me shit 😂 i wasn't there.

me: retweet nae 😂😂

nae bae 🤍: Should we confront her about it ?

liv🩷: nah fuck it. she just gonna stick to her story and make us look like we're bad friends.

me: nah fr 🙄

nae bae 🤍: Thanks for telling us Mira boo 😘

liv🩷: love you girl! my lips sealed 🤐

me: you know i had too. love y'all too  🤍🩷

I closed the thread. What good would confronting Chanel be? But I was angry. I wasn't the type of bitch to keep quiet. I can't fake NOTHING. Nae and Livi don't know everything. They came into this situation late. I think I needed to talk to Serenity. I called her. This is too much to type.

"Hey Mira, What's up? I miss you." Serenity said into the phone.

"Hey Reni. I miss you too bae. I need to talk if you're up for it."

"Of course. What happened?" She asked concerned.

"So remember the whole Chanel and Chris slapping incident a few months ago?"

"How could I forget?" She said annoyed. I pictured her rolling her eyes.

"Chris never hit Chan. I confirmed it today. She's been lying."     I confessed.

"Deep down I knew that. I don't think Chris would do that.".  She said

"ME NEITHER!!!" I said relieved she felt the same.

"How did you find out?" She asked.

I told her what Jahad had said a few hours earlier.

"Wowwwwwww" She breathed into the phone as I finished.

"Yea so you think I should ask her about it. She made us stop talking to Chris and Had." I asked her

"Yea why not? Call her on her shit. I get tired of beating around the bush. That was wrong. Chris could've gotten in serious trouble." She said sternly.

"You're right and I lost him over it. I really did believe him. I was trying to be a good friend to Chan." I said with my head falling forward. I messed up.

"But was Chan trying to be a good friend to you? It wasn't because of you that I distanced myself Amira." She said, her voice softening.

"People keep asking me that. I don't know anymore man." I replied. This was mentally exhausting.

"Talk to her." was all Serenity said .

"I will. Thank you so much for listening girl."  I said back.

"Anytime. Love you boo." She said

"Love youuu. Let's hang out soon." I urged her.

"Sure just text me." She replied excitedly.

"I got you boo. Talk to you later."

"Alright bye. Lmk" She hung up.

I had to confront Chanel. I didn't know how but I had to and I was getting my bestfriend back. No matter what. I don't care what she says anymore.