Confessions

Amira's POV (Present)

Can y'all believe that ho? She knew I wanted that man and he wanted me. Anyone from miles away could tell. Little did I know at the tender age of 14 that she wanted what I had. That girl wanted my life. I was young and beautiful and I had someone who loved me deeply, almost eternally. It was an ethereal love. It was so strong you could feel it just being near us. She thought she could duplicate it. She thought if she had the guy she could have that love. Boy was she wrong. Girl you ain't me. Now let's get into the next two years...

____________________________________
*Flashback 9th Grade* Amira's POV

"Hey best wassup?" I said answering the phone for Chris. I was actually dreading answering the phone. For the past few weeks since I've found out about Chanel and Chris I've been the middle man for everything. Fights, interpreting feelings, deciphering texts. It's all too much. They had only been together just over a month.

"You by yourself? I need to talk to you if you have time." Chris told me seriously.

I got out of school at 2 pm so no one in my family was home yet. I was all alone and I didn't have cheer practice.

"Yea I'm just sitting here eating a snack tryna find something to watch. Wassup? You ok? Is it Chanel?"
I'm pretty sure it was.

"Well yea and no." He said nervously.

"What is it?" I said half listening and crunching down on my grape.

"I made the wrong decision. I love you. I love you so much. I knew I fucked up when I looked into your eyes at the second game. I couldn't stop staring into them. I would do anything for you when you look at me with those eyes. I've been feeling you since before we even went to the first game but Chanel was all over me and I was blinded by it. She was my middle school crush and she finally wanted me but I don't feel the same when I'm with her as I do with you. I see nothing in her eyes. I love her as a person but I'm not in love with her. She only wants me now because I glowed up. We don't even have real conversations. She just likes looking at me. Most of the time she just stares or wants to kiss. I can talk to you all night, you know how we are together." He vented.

I almost choked on my damn grape.

"What?" was all I could get out.

"I'm sorry it may be too soon to say but I really do love you." He continued.

I knew he felt the same. I knew it. Tears welled up in my eyes again. They were happy tears but they were also sad because I knew we couldn't be together.

"I love you too." I said,  my voice hoarse. "But you made your choice already. You chose her. You could've chosen me that night but you chose her." I  was crying now.

"I made a mistake. Please don't cry. Please. I didn't know you wanted me. I didn't know you would even want me now. I just had to say something. I chose her because she made it easy. I didn't know being with you was an option. If I did there would've been no decision to make at all. I want you so bad. I've never had so many girls want me and still all I can think about is you. None of them are you."

"What do you want me to say? You're dating my best friend. I would love for things to be different but they aren't. You just need to let this go." I said muting the phone and crying some more. Why me?

"Amira please. I'll explain it to Chanel. She'll understand. It hasn't been that long. She would want you to be happy right?" He asked me pleading.

"She would never forgive me and you know that. You know how delicate she is. You chose her so make it work." I told him trying to fight back my tears and sound strong. I wanted nothing more than to tell him he was everything to me & I don't care what anyone thought but I had to be a good friend to my girl.