Confrontation

Amira's POV (Present)

Can y'all believe this girl lied? Y'all can? Oh....
Don't judge me y'all. I was young and naive. Y'all think I should kick her ass to the curb?
Stay tuned.

*Flashback 11th grade*

I confronted Chanel and she broke down. She told me it was all a lie and she didn't know how to keep up with it other than to stop talking to Chris and Jahad. She apologized and claimed that she thought Chris hit her but he hit the wall. She got scared and just started saying he hit her when Jahad walked off. She said she knew that would be one of the only ways I would stop talking to Chris so I wouldn't confront her about the truth. I didn't care as much about Jahad so she thought I would never talk to him again. Obviously she didn't know how much of a nice person I was. I was flabbergasted and distraught. I was disappointed. I was lost. I didn't know where to go from here. I told her I would be talking to Chris again and I didn't want to hear anything else about it. I also told her she needed to apologize to Jahad. She agreed. I walked off. I needed some space.

I couldn't get a hold of Chris on any platform. He had completely erased me from his life. My heart hurt.

I started talking to a new guy that I really liked but he didn't make me feel the way Chris did. I felt more for Chris in the 7th grade than I felt for any guy I was with ever. The butterflies he gave me were insane. The emotional connection was out of this world. The conversation were never ending and deep. I don't think I will ever find another like it. He gives me chills when he speaks.

The new guy was awesome though. He made me smile and I could be myself around him. Not to mention he was really fine. Tall, muscular, handsome, clean cut with waves. He played sports and he didn't just want me for sex. By now I was 16 going on 17 so that's all any guy wanted. He was different. We were just talking and hanging out though. He made it clear he wasn't ready for a relationship just yet. He was a year behind me in school even though I was only 5 months older. I understood it because I had my share of heartbreak over the years. I was okay with chilling.

I took a break from Chanel for a while. I couldn't believe what she did. How could she lie like that?

I put all my energy into cheering. I was on Varsity now and the practice was more vigorous and intense. It took up most of my time and I liked it that way. It distracted me. It was something about a Friday night high school football game that put me in a good mood. Not to mention that hard work throughout the week paid off. School is super easy for me so it really didn't stress me out much. I had straight As. The occasional B when I wasn't putting in as much effort as I should. I had a GPA higher than 4.0 so It would survive a few Bs here and there. I took a few AP classes and all Honors. Cheering was my outlet. I hung with my girls Janae and Olivia on some weekends and they came to support me at the games. They stayed neutral but they still hung out with Chan as well. We had a home game this Friday and I was excited. That meant they would come support.

I straightened my hair and put it in a half up, half down style to accommodate my bow. My hair had grown. It was down my back. Thank you to going natural. It was paying off and my hair was thriving. I sat in the locker room waiting for the game to start. I was really thirsty so I snuck out to the concessions to get a Gatorade. The stands were already filling up and the game was about to start. I saw my girls as I walked up the bleachers.

"Heyyyyy bitchesssss." I said as I approached them. They were in their phones and didn't even notice me walking up.

"Omgggg you look so cuteeeee!" Nae said when she looked up.

"Turn around that ass is popping in that skirt. YESSSSS." Liv teased.

"You knowwww." I said back

We all laughed.