The Slap Heard 'Round The Imagination

With Chanel's blessing, Chris and I became closer than ever. We talked and talked and talked. Every night. Everyday after school. He told me about girls he was with. I asked him advice about guys. We agreed to not see each other in person as much. That's when the sparks fly and things get complicated. I just really didn't want that. Just talking to him made my body crave to be near him though. I wanted him to hold me. I wanted to look into his eyes. I wanted to breathe in his scent. I loved this man with everything I had. There was no denying it. But deny it is was exactly what I did. For Chanel.

Chanel and I remained super close as well. We never spoke of him until junior year rolled around. She started dating his best friend. A guy he called his brother. He was mixed just like Chris. Black and Asian. They both hid it from Chris and they asked me to as well. It was hard and I really didn't want to. They were months in when Chris called me angry.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You knew?"

I knew exactly what he was talking about but I tried to play dumb.

One thing about it, I could never lie to Chris. He always knew when I was lying to him. I told Chan this. If he called and asked me, it was all over. It seemed like that time had come.

"Knew what Best?" I asked him

"Come on Mira stop tryna play dumb. Did you know?"

"Yes." I said sadly. Damn I'm caught.

"How long?" He asked angrily.

"You have to ask them. I don't know." I lied.

"How long Amira?" He asked again. He never called me by my name. Oh he was frfr.

" I don't know."

"Yes you do." He said irritated.

"Like 7 months." I broke down.

"Why are you lying to me? Come on." He asked sounding more disappointed than anything.

"I- I'm sorry. She asked me to." I said sadly. I hated this.

"Chanel? She asked you to lie to me?" He asked. " For what?"

"I don't know she said it'd be better if you didn't know." I told him. "You're gonna have to ask them the details." I continued.

"The crazy thing is, I don't even fucking care. I hope they're happy. I've been done with her. What I'm angry about is how she can pull this little stunt and date someone who is like a brother to me, my best friend. Then lie to my face about it? For no reason? After she's been trying to keep me away from you for years knowing you're the love of my life? Cause of that best friend, girl code bullshit? And What? We're all just supposed to respect this relationship because it's her? Fuck that, you're definitely mine now. You've been mine. Even before I got with her and her trifling ass knew that. I'm done with both of them liars." He ranted.

"Calm down best. I think you need to talk to Zeke. See why they lied. That I truly don't know." I said trying to calm him.

"Amira I DON'T CARE. This is bullshit. Fuck them. This is about me and you. Now can you see she doesn't care about you? She only does things for herself. You're so sweet and nice that you consider everyone's feelings in relation to your actions and decisions. She doesn't. All she cares about is what makes her happy. She literally snaked you out to even get with me. Be selfish sometimes. Don't you want to be happy?" 

"I do." I told him.

"Don't you want me?" He asked seductively. His voice made me melt.

"I do." I answered, he had my heart racing again.