The Game

Amira's POV

Chanel and I arrive to the game right on time. We give the man our tickets and go through security before I whip out my phone to text Serenity. She was lost, as always. My palms were sweating. Serenity began to call me.

"Hey boo you here?" I asked trying to sound calm.

"Yea we just got here but how do we get to you guys' side?" She asked confused.

"You have to come around the side. You'll see security and the big lit up concession stand." I told her.

"Ohhhh okay I see it. We're coming." I saw her and Chris in line. My heart started beating faster. He was pretty far so I couldn't really see him but I knew.

"You good?" Chanel asked chuckling. I snapped back to reality.

"Yea girl I'm okay just nervous. I haven't seen Chris for months." I told her shakily.

"Girl it's just Chris you will be okay. Y'all are bestfriends and you look cute." She said rubbing my hair back.

I did look good. My long curly hair was slicked back to the Gods in a bun. It was my signature. I had on a cropped black Nike hoodie with a white Nike symbol on the left breast part with high-waisted ripped American Eagle jeans. They fit me just right. My shoes were black and white Nike huaraches that I had only seen on one other person. Lips were glossed per usual. I wore light mascara as well. My eyelashes are naturally long and curly.

"Thanks boo so do you." I told her. And she did. Chanel was thick. She had a big butt and thighs but the rest of her was pretty small. She was slightly taller than me with long black hair like me. A tad bit darker than me. Like a light caramel tone. She had on a hoodie as well with Jordan's and jeans. Her long hair was straightened as always. No makeup. Just lip gloss.

I'm light skinned and super skinny. The only thing big about me was my chest. I was 4'11 with a small d cup that I usually tried to hide. It fit my body though.

Finally Chris and Serenity walked up and my mouth fell open. Chris was fine as hell. The summer had been so good to him. Babyyyyyy. I just wanted to jump on him. Chanel couldn't believe her eyes either.

"That's Chris?" She said looking shocked.

"Mhmmmmm." I replied before running to him. His face lit up when he saw me.

"Bestfriendddd" he shouted as I ran to him. I actually did jump on him this time. He grabbed me and hugged me tightly. I never wanted him to let go. Serenity stood there beaming.

"How you been?" he said setting me down and looking into my eyes intently.

"Good, I've been missing you." I told him softly.

"I missed you too." He smiled down at me. It was like we were in our own world for a few minutes. I saw nothing but him and those light brown eyes. And he didn't look anywhere else but at me.

"Ahemmm" I heard someone clear their throat as they came closer. We were both snapped back into reality. "Hey Chris, you don't see me?" It was Chanel.

"My bad hey Chanel! I was asking about you. Where you been?" He asked her giving her a quick hug.

" I had a lot to do this summer. Also dealing with your friend that shall not be named." She replied rolling her eyes. She was talking about Kal of course. She told me all about it as soon as school started. He basically played with her feelings and went back to his ex. Such a dick move.

I greeted Serenity and we began to talk while Chanel caught Chris up on the Kal drama. Serenity and Chanel had been talking while I was mesmerized by Chris.

"So girl you ready?" Serenity asked excitedly.

"Yesssss. I really missed him. Now sis I know you said he got fine but I ain't know you meant that fine. WHEWWWW." I said dramatically. She laughed.

"I tried to tell your ass." She laughed "Y'all are gonna be so cute. I can tell by how y'all was standing there stuck as hell." She teased.

"Was it that long?" I said pretending to be oblivious. We both laughed again.

"Come on let's go get Chanel and Chris so you can talk to him." She said excitedly.

"Ok bet."

I couldn't help the smile that creeped up on my face as we approached Chris. I was super nervous but I was ready. I just knew by the end of this conversation he would be mine. This was the start of something so beautiful. I could feel it.

"Hey Chanel , you wanna go with me to get some snacks? I don't wanna go alone. " I heard Serenity say. I was now standing next to Chris and she was facing us. Serenity was behind Chanel headed to the concessions.

"Nah I'm good. Amira you wanna go with her?" She asked me. I looked stunned and shifted my eyes to Serenity. We both looked over at each other like "WTF".

"No I don't really want any snacks, I kind of wanted to catch up with Chris." I told her widening my eyes. She stared at Chris. What the hell is going on? I thought. Whatever it was it was starting to piss me off. I think Chris sensed my anger during this silent argument between Chanel and I. He reached down and grabbed my hand. Our fingers interlocked as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb trying to calm me. My heart raced. Chanel looked down at our hands before continuing.

"How about we all go to the concession stand then?" She suggested.

"OK." said Serenity dryly.

Chris and I walked hand in hand to the concessions. He looked at me confused. Serenity and Chanel were ahead of us so he slowed down purposely.

"You okay?" He asked as soon as they were out of earshot. They were in line.

"Not really. I had something to tell you and Chanel was irritating me." I told him honestly.

"Talk to me." He said.

Before I could even get a word out Chanel came back up to us.

"Come on y'all. Before we lose our spot in line." She said interrupting. What is this fucking girl's deal?

"Chris can I hold your hand too?" She asked looking down at our hands again. He looked taken aback and so did I.

"I mean yea sure if you want to. We're all friends right?" He said looking over to me trying to check my temperature.

I fake smiled. For a moment he was in the middle of us holding both of our hands. This is ridiculous. I let go. I caught up with Serenity while Chanel talked to Chris. Obviously I could see what was going on. Chanel wanted Chris and she was sabotaging my plan. It seemed like he was enjoying it too. Which pissed me off even more. Let them two have each other. I'm not about to make myself look stupid. If he liked me, he would be over here with me.

"Can you believe this shit bitch?" I said to Serenity pissed off.

"What is her problem? Are you okay?" Serenity answered

"No I'm really not. But let them have each other. Look like he's liking it. Fuck him and her." I said angrily

"Well you said you didn't explicitly tell her you wanted him. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding. You should still tell him how you feel. I can see the way you look at each other." She said trying to calm me.

"Maybe but she knew the plan. She ain't stupid. She's tryna keep me away from him for a reason. You can tell by how I was talking about him. She knew we've been flirting all summer." I said calming myself but still pissed.

Chanel walks towards us with Chris. "Hey me and Chris are going to find some seats before the good ones are gone." she announces to us.

"Ight". I said dryly. They walk away and we get our snacks.

"See what I'm saying?" I told Serenity irritated. We walk in the direction of where Chanel and Chris went and I could not believe what I saw.