Mine.

2 months later

"Amira can you come in here really quick? I need to talk to you."

I heard my mom call me from her office. It must be serious because she called me Amira instead of Miri. I took a deep breath and walked down the hall into her office.

"Close the door." My mom told me as I approached the doorway.

I tried to close the door with me on the outside of it. Whatever she had to say I'm sure I didn't want to talk about it.

"With you inside of it girl. Quit playing with me." Her muffled voice said through the door.

Damn it, that didn't work. I opened the door and stepped inside, closing it again behind me.

"My bad mom I thought you just wanted it closed." I smiled obviously lying

"Mhmmm whatever. What is this Chanel is telling me about you not speaking to her and being mad at her? Is that why she hasn't been over here?" My mom asked.

My eyes widened. WHAT!?! Ok back up. Rewind. Remember when Chanel said she'll "get back to me" or whatever. She never did. I texted and called her a million times. I started to feel bad picking Chris over her so I tried to fix our 6 year friendship. That meant a lot to me. Ever since the summer came she has been MIA and so has Liv. So I let it go. I figured it was for the best and everything happened for a reason. Now she's calling my mom telling her complete lies. I was the only one trying.

"Huh? What do you mean? Chanel won't talk to me Mom. She doesn't want to talk to me. I tried." I said quickly.

"Amira she was crying. She said you betrayed her. Something about you being in love with Chris. Is that true?" She asked looking concerned.

I froze. Why the fuck would she tell my mom that? I wasn't ready to tell my mom about Chris and I. I was enjoying his presence and being able to hang out with him freely without question. My mom was pretty strict and Chris still hadn't asked me to formally be his girlfriend. We were just having fun. I am going to kill that girl. Not only did she lie to my mom but she told her something I wanted to tell her myself.

"Partly, but it's a long story." I said visibly upset.

"What do you mean a long story?" Now she was upset.

"I didn't betray her. She betrayed me first and she was crying to manipulate you. She is lying about me not speaking to her. I tried talking to her so many times. I just gave up. But she knew Mom. She knew I liked Chris when she started dating him. She said it herself 2 months ago that she knew we loved each other and she wanted that for herself. She was jealous of me and of our relationship. She lied about him slapping her just to keep us apart. She did the whole mental health episode and cutting thing just to keep him. He told her he loved me a month after they started dating and again months later. You know that. She chose to stay with him. Their whole relationship was a power play." I plead my case.

My mom went silent. She just sat there leaning on her hand. She looked as if she was thinking hard. Digesting everything I just said.

"Tell me what happened. From the beginning." She said blankly.

I told her the whole story. She looked surprised. She sat with her thoughts some more before speaking.

"So she never really loved you. That's what I got from it. She's jealous of you and she wasn't a good friend. But I don't think you were either. No matter how she got him, she dated him first. He must've loved her. He picked her. It sounds messed up when you put it that way and I'm sorry honey but he didn't choose you. He waited until it was too late and he felt like he made the wrong choice. You can't help how you feel but you cannot date someone your friend has been with. Especially not your best friend. I think it's best that you don't talk to each other. Him being your best friend should've never put you in a position to choose between them. What's done is done now. You can't fix it. If you want to be with Chris and you feel like that love is really real then that's up to you. There's nothing standing in your way now. I don't like it but it's your choice." My mom told me.