The Betrayal

Amira's POV

I got to our seats and turned right back around. Serenity's eyes were wide. This bitch Chanel was sitting on Chris' lap. I ran off with Serenity behind me. There were tears welling up in my eyes. Why was this happening to me?

"Babe don't cry omg." Serenity said to me soflty.

"Now do you think it was a misunderstanding?" I asked Serenity holding back my tears.

"I have no idea, this is not how this night was supposed to go." She replied while softly rubbing my back.

"I can't go back over there. I can't." I said shaking my head.

"I understand. Let's just take a few minutes."

Chanel walks up excitedly. "Hey boo y'all coming back? Omg Chris is so fine. I think he likes me. I know you had something to tell him and I'm wasting all your time. I just can't help it. You still wanna talk to him?"  She had the audacity to ask me.

"Nah I'm good." I replied looking away.

"Ahhhh." She squealed. "Okay I'll see y'all over there." She said running back over to Chris.

They were all into each other for the rest of the night while Serenity and I sat there awkwardly and watched the game. I was on my phone most of the time and I didn't say anything for the rest of the night.

Even on the ride home I said nothing. My heart was crushed. 

For the next couple weeks I couldn't help but to think about that night. I was angry at the both of them for my own reasons. Chanel for double crossing me and Chris for choosing her. If he really liked me she wouldn't have been able to get all of his attention while I was there. Maybe he didn't. I talked to them both about petty things. Small talk and such but that was rarely. Chanel said nothing else about Chris so I assumed that was over. Still doesn't change what she did.

Serenity and I talked more than ever during this time. She told me Chris' glow up had turned him into quite the ladies man at school. He was getting a lot of attention from girls and he wasn't denying it. This new appearance was definitely going to his head. I really couldn't stay mad at him for long. We were back on the phone for hours in no time. His voice had definitely changed as well and I loved it. I talked to Chanel when I saw her. We didn't have many of the same classes in high school and she started hanging with a new crowd. We were still best friends and we still lived a house away. We talked when we had time. I was cheering now as well so it took up a lot of my time. There was another game coming up soon and we all decided to meet up there. The games at our school were legendary. Our team was amazing.
Chris and I were on JV being that we were freshmen so our games were on Thursdays. Friday night was all about varsity and this Friday was all about Chris for me. I was gonna get my man. I don't care what Chanel does. I knew he would pick me every time over anyone. We had that type of connection.

I didn't come with Chanel this time. My mom picked up Serenity and I was riding home with her. As we approached the check in, we saw Chanel and Chris through the gate. They were already in there and they were just talking. I was going to put an end to that.

"You got this girl." Serenity told me.

I walked up to Chris and Chanel and Chris' face lit up yet again. He hugged me tightly the way he always did. I think I love him. Wait did I just say that? I love him. He gazed into my eyes yet again.

"Hey best." He smiled and uttered slowly. He was wearing a white tee and he smelled so good. His perfect teeth gleamed under the lights. He was always so particular about his teeth. Something else was glistening on him too as I looked over his body.
There was lipgloss on his neck. Pink. I rubbed it.

"What's this on your neck?" I said to him confused.

"Oh my bad." Chanel said. "Surprise!! We have something to tell you." She continued.

I looked at Chanel for the first time. She had on shiny pink lipgloss.

Are you fucking kidding me?

"Chris and I are dating. We've been talking since the last game. We made it official last month." Chanel announced to Serenity and I.

"What? Y'all been together this whole time? Why didn't either of you tell me? I talk to you everyday." I asked visually upset. "Chanel let me talk to you real quick." I added. She came over nervously.

"You deadass right now ?" I asked her angrily.

"Yea I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to be mad at me." She continued

"Now why would you think I would be mad?" I asked. I wanted to hear it from her mouth.

"Because we're both your bestfriend and it would be weird and you seemed upset at the game...but I couldn't hide it anymore so here we are." She said obviously lying.

"This is bullshit. How y'all been seeing each other?" I asked

"We've been meeting up in the neighborhood. He kissed me!!" She squealed.

"Your first kiss? And you didn't tell me? Wow" I replied.

"I'm sorry. I know we had a pact we would tell each other about our first kisses. Don't be mad." She said with puppy dog eyes.

"Whatever. Y'all enjoy each other." I told her walking off. Serenity followed.

"This is too much." She said just as surprised as I was.

"Way too damn much." I said sitting down rubbing my temples. "So much for getting my man back." O sighed.

"You don't think you'll ever tell him?" Serenity asked.

"For what? They're obviously happy. They're already together." I replied.

"Yea I guess so. I'm just gonna try to be happy for them. They just don't fit together to me like y'all did." She explained.

"Yea well that's what he chose." I said dryly. I was really upset. I choked back tears. He's my person. But it's not like I'm completely losing him, just romantically. The saddest part about this is I'll probably never have a chance to ever be with Chris. As long as I wanted Chanel around. They were both my best friends and how would I look dating him after her. That's way against girl code. I felt sick but I had to try to be happy for them for the sake of our friendships while fighting my feelings for Chris.

I barely got any time to talk to Chris one on one that day. Me and Serenity were feeling like the third AND the fourth wheel. Chris and Chanel were all over each other. I zoned out for the rest of the night. I kind of went numb. That night I got home and cried like a baby. I laid my head against the shower wall and finally let it flow. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.