Promises

A/N:"this is when they talk"
'this is when they think'

As soon as I entered the classroom the sight in front of me made me sick to my stomach.

That pig Logan Lee hovering over Zoe while the others just stood there whispering about her. 

I could tell Mira was really worried about Zoe so that's why she went over to her desk to see if she needed help but Zoe declined it.

Logan also started getting mad and insulted Mira which for some reason made Zack wake up on command.

Honestly at that moment I felt unable to hold back my anger so I stormed over to her desk gaing her attention.

"Zoe just tell me do you need my help right now?"

At that moment she looked at me with wide eyes but instead of saying something she didn't even look at me anymore and just kept her head down.

I could see that question made Logan mad while he stood up towering over me but honestly all I could see was a pathetic piece of shit.

"Do you have a problem you shrimp?I didn't beat you up hard enough last time did I?"

At that Zack also came by my side and the three of us were about to fight right then and there but Zoe stopped Logan by hugging his arm and walking away.

People's gaze fell on her and the whispers got louder making her seen like some cheap girl.

Later around that day I heard crying from the girls bathroom and when I recognized that voice I felt my heart break into pieces.

It frustrated me on how I couldn't do anything to help her.

At that moment Zoe came out of the bathroom making me instantly hug her.

She was suprised at first but became worried in an instant and pulled away looking around if anyone was near.

"Are you crazy Elijah?What if Logan was here?"

She tells me in a hushed voice while I looked at her with worry on my eyes.

"Do you think I'm scared of him?Zoe please I know that that bastard hurts you.Please let me help you."

At that her eyes softened as she kept telling me that she was okay.

"I know you're not so why don't you let me help you?"

I tell her as I felt myself tearing up at her stubbornness. 

"Elijah it was my decision and I also have to keep a promise I made so please respect my choice.I don't want you to also get hurt."

As she said those words I felt a lump in my throat as her words were shattering my heart into pieces.

Then she gave me a smile.One that used to be full of warmth and joy was now just a mask to hide her true emotions.

And with that she walked away as I looked at her retreating form.
...
After school was over I was exhausted from literally everything.

Little Daniel was nowhere to be found,Zoe was suffering from Logan day by day and I was literally on my last nerve.

So to feel a little bit at ease I opted to go to the hostpital where Daniel was in which I would sometimes visit him along with Jay.

But all that was cut short as I saw Logan harassing a boy way smaller than him.

'The universe really is testing me today.'

I approach them with my anger rising even more with each step I took.