Ch. 10

Lucy POV

We walked to the guild. Sophia kept drifting off to sleep in my arms while we were walking. I gave her a concerned look.

What the was in her room last night. I wonder if anyone at the guild will have any ideas.

I looked up to Natsu.

He stared straight ahead. His face scrunched in confusion.

He has no clue what she saw either. I've got a bad feeling about this.

We walked a little longer until we reached the guild hall. The front doors swung open to reveal everyone inside.

"Natsu! Lucy!" Levy ran up to us holding a few books. I silently stroked Sophia's hair and gave her a kiss on the head. She had finally fallen asleep.

"What's up Levy?" Natsu asked. He snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me in closer.

"I was doing some research on that stone Sophia got at her birthday party," Gajeel walked up behind her. "and I found this." Levy quickly flipped through the pages of a book. She stoped on a page with a picture of the black stone. The book was in a different language. My eyes widened once I was finally able to translate what was at the top of the page.

"The devil within?" I read aloud. My eyes shot up to Natsus. The grip he had on my waist tightened.

"Levy what does this mean? Have you been able to translate what the rest of the passage says? Is there anymore about it?" Sophia stirred in my arms. I brought my voice back down to a whisper not trying to wake our sleeping toddler.

"Mhm. I have. There are a few more books in the library I want you guys to check out. Come with me."

Juvia had noticed the commotion and walked over. She saw the look in our eyes and decided to help out.

"Here let me take Sophia from you. You guys go with Levy to the library."

Juvia gently took the sleeping Sophia from my arms and took her over to where Gray was talking with Elfman and Evergreen. I watched as she gently sat on the bench, trying not to disturb my sleeping child. Gray wrapped his arm around them and continued with the conversation. I smiled at the thought of them having their own family like this one day.

I was pulled from my daze when Natsu started to tug at my hand.

"Let's go figure out what's up." He said, confused look on his face. He seemed tense. I simply gave him a small nod and we followed Levy and Gajeel to the library.

We walked through the giant doors of the library. There was a table centered in the middle, stacks of books sat on the table. Lily was sat on the table flipping through some books.

"Ah you're finally here." He said. His small cat body flying off the table and onto the ground.

"Happy told me to inform you that he will be home soon from the mission with Ezra, Wendy and Carla." Oh yeah. With everything going on I had forgotten Happy had gone on a mission with them this morning. He had left before we had all woken back up.

Levy guided Natsu and I over to the table. Open books were spread out across the whole thing.

"I couldn't sleep last night due to some nausea that won't seem to go away." My eyes widened in surprise at this comment, but before I could question her further she continued. "Ok so here's what I found out. The stone has been in existence for over 300 years and dates back to one of the first dark guilds to be formed in Fiore. They were called Dark Tide."

Natsus eyebrows raised in question.

"What do you mean they were called Dark Tide? I've never even heard of them before."