Ch. 6

Welcome back! Here is chapter 6!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV

It was about 5:30 before we got on our way. After everything that has went down this morning, I can't help but look back behind us every once in a while as we walked. I would look to the left, then the right, and then back behind. We can't afford to have anyone sneak up on us right now.

We walked a little longer and we had finally arrived at the guild.

"Okay, let's do this." Natsu said while holding a sleeping Sophia in his arms.

Natsu pushed the door open, leading the way in.

"Natsu! What the hell are you doing here this early??" Master yelled from across the room.

"Would you shut the hell up?! Sophia is sleeping!" Natsu said as he gripped her in his arms.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Give me the girl. You two look exhausted." Natsu handed him the child, holding her like an actual sleeping baby.

"Someone broke in this morning."

"What?" Gramps looked at us, worried. "Are you all ok?" He looked all three of us over. Sophia and I were fine, but Natsu looked pretty worn down.

"Natsu, I'll have Wendy fix you right up when she gets here"

"Thanks, Gramps." Natsu rubbed the back of his neck and pushed it to the side. I laid my head down on his shoulder.

"So what happened?"

"Some guy wanted to take our daughter. He broke in this morning trying to find and steal Sophia. I'm not sure why but he REALLY wanted to take her from us." Tears started to form in my eyes. Natsu took his thumb and wiped them from off my cheeks.

"He was tough. But we got him good. He fled through the window in the living room. He said he won't stop till he has her." Natsu whispered the last part under his breath.

"Master, what are we gonna do? We can't let anything happen to this little girl. We are all she has." I cried more and threw myself into Natsus chest. He wrapped his arms around me clenching his eyes shut.

"We will help you fix up your apartment Lucy. You can stay here in the mean time, we will protect Natsu, you, and little Sophia at all costs." Natsu looked up at him.

"Thank you, Master."

Gramps cleared his throat.

"Well. We will get you set up in one of our rooms. We will even bring you a crib up later." Natsu and I picked up our things as Makrov walked with Sophia. Master walked around the guild and up the stairs. He lead us to our temporary room. Centered on one of the walls was a queen bed. A vanity and dresser sat against the other wall. To our left was a door, leading into a bathroom about the size of mine.

We set down our stuff and put our suitcase on the bed.

"You 3 can sleep here. You know where everything is. I'm so sorry this has happened to you." He handed me Sophia while Natsu unpacked our stuff. Makrov walked towards the door and gripped the handle.

"I'm so so sorry." Tears formed in my eyes again. He looked at me then shook his head and walked out.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I walked over to the queen sized bed and laid Sophia down in the middle. I then sat by her, stroking her hair as she situated herself. Natsu strolled over to me and sat next to me. He stroked my arm, sending chills down my spine. I turned and looked at him in the eyes.

He gave me a weak smile; he then pushed his forehead against mine. Then we kissed.

"Come on, let's get you undressed." He grabbed pillows from the top of the bed and put them on either side of our child so she wouldn't fall off of the bed. He then took my hand and pulled me off the bed. He dragged me to the bathroom and sat me down on the toilet.

He kissed my forehead and and pulled at the bottom of my shirt. I lifted my arms in the air, allowing him to take it off. He then moved to my bra. He walked behind me grabbing at the clasps. One by one, he unhooked my  bra. He slid his finger from my hooks to my straps, pulling them off.

Natsu then stood me up. Natsu fiddled with my pants. Slowly but surely, he got them and my underwear off. I proceeded to walk over to the shower, turning it to a decent temperature for the both of us while Natsu took his clothes off.

We both jumped into the shower. Natsu stood there under shower head facing the front for the longest time with his back towards me. I watched as the water drenched his hair. It fell down his back. Almost making it look like his hair was crying.

I stood there in awe at the man in front of me.

He protected me.

He protected Sophia.

The man that I love, saved us.

I reached for his hand, tugging at it, begging for him to turn around.

Begging for him to face me so that I could thank him for what he did.

He slowly turned around; his face was to the ground.

Why won't he look at me?

I tucked a finger under his chin forcing him to look up. But when our eyes met, I saw something I will never ever forget.

He was crying.

Natsu; the man who makes me laugh every single day. Who protects me. Who protects her.

Was crying.

All I could do was hug him.

Natsu threw his arms around me. He pressed our wet naked bodies against each other.

I didn't know what to do or to say. Nothing I did would calm the storm that's raging on in his head.

So I just stood there.

And I held him.

Like the way he has always held me.

So close that I could hear his heart. How fast it was beating. The rhythm. 

So close that I didn't ever wanna let go.

———————————-
By the time we finished our shower, it was about 7 in the morning. After our shower, I put on a t-shirt and a thong and crawled into bed next to Sophia. I watch in awe as Natsu put on boxer shorts.

"What are you staring at Mrs. Dragneel?" Natsu whispered while drying his hair with his towel.

"Just you, Mr. Dragneel." I gave him a playful smirk. We both laughed and he lunged at the bed. He jumped on top of me and began to kiss me. After a while of kissing he pulled away from me and yawned.

"Looks like someone needs to go to bed." I whispered and kissed his forehead. He got off of me and walked over to the other side of the bed. I took his place next to our daughter. He gave Sophia a quick kiss and then on to me.

"Goodnight, Luce." He laid his head down on the pillow. 

"Don't you mean good morning?"

"Oh shut up."

And with that, we both went to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Holy cow!! Over 800 reads?! Y'all are amazing!!!

I'm sorry this update took so long and it's so shitty and so short. It will get better from here. (Hopefully;) Life has been a mess. (Literally)
I hope you have enjoyed! Sorry if there are any typos. I've typed this whole chapter on my phone.

Till next time
Spirit.