Ch. 7

-----------------------------------------------------

Natsus POV

-----------------------------------------------------

There he was.

Standing in the dark, only lit up by what seemed to be a spot light shining down on him. His buff figure was mocking me. It was almost like he was challenging me, but he wasn't even speaking to me. You couldn't see anything on him but his smile. He was just a black figure standing there.

This was the man that had broken into our home. That had tried to take everything from me. From us.

Lucy.

Sophia.

Our sweet litt-

Wait. Where's Sophia?

"Sophia?" I looked around surveying the area.

Where am I?

It was dark. There was nothing around me. The only light I had was the light coming from this man. I quickly turned around trying to find my little girl.

"Sophia!" I screamed into the darkness. I flipped back around to look at the man. His hands arent beside him anymore. They are placed behind his back.

"You." I spit at him. "Give me back my daughter." I light my fists in flames and run to attack him.

"You're DEAD!" I am about 5 yards away when he pull Sophia from behind his back, holding her by her head. I stop dead in my tracks.

"Daddy?" She almost whispers. Her voice cracked. She has tears running down her face. I see the man smile and place his other free hand on her.

"NO!" I scream.

He twists Sophia's neck.

Snap.

She falls to the ground.

Lifeless.

"SOPHIA!!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

I hear crying. A child crying.

"Natsu! It was just a dream!" Lucy was sitting next to me with Sophia in her arms. My eyes dart down to our child who was smiling and well.

She's safe. She's fine.

I reached for her to come and sit with me. Sweat dripped from my head as I held her tight. She looked up to me from my arms and giggled. I wiped the sweat from off my head and looked to Lucy. I opened my arms and offered her to come join our hug.

"Come here Luce," She came in and I wrapped her in my arms too. "My sweet girls. What would I do without you?"  I kissed them both on their foreheads. "Come on girls, let get dressed, get some food, and see what the rest of the guild is up too!"

---------------------------------------------

Noon Time aka LUNCH!

---------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV

We walked down to the dinning hall and found the rest of our friends sitting at our usual table.

"Natsu! Lucy! Are you ok? Master told us what happened. Are any of you hurt?" Levy asked, Rushing to meet us halfway. Sophia noticed this and reached out her arms wanting to get held by Levy. I grinned and handed her over.

"We're fine. Natsu is a little banged up, but all is well other than that."

"That's a relief. Do you have any idea about who it is?"

I stopped and pondered for a second. I looked at Natsu who shook his at at me signaling that he has no idea either.

"We don't know," I put my head down in shame. "but we do know that who ever this man or thing is, he's after Sophia. He wants to take her for some reason."

"We won't let that happen Lucy. We promise. All of us at the guild are going to protect you guys at all costs." Levy gave me a readying smile. "Come on. Let's go sit down and eat! I'm starving!"

We sat down with the rest of our friends and had a well deserved meal.

We sat and stuff our faces while making conversation with the rest.

"What time did this happen last night?" Gray asked. He put down his fork and crossed his hands.

I swallowed my food and looked at him.

"About 5:30. We just grabbed the necessities and made our way here. We didn't wanna mess around, risking that this guy come back."

"That was probably a good idea. Have you gone yet this morning and looked at the damage?"

I looked at Natsu then back at Gray.

"No I guess We haven't thought about doing that today."

I watched as Levy bouncy Sophia in her arms and fed her at the same time. Natsu took my hand.

"Why dont we go take a look? See if there is anything else we can salvage and try to get resettled there." Natsu said with a soft smile.

"Sure."

A part of me couldn't help but feel a little uneasy. What were we going to find when we got there? That man couldn't still possibly be there. Could he?

"Levy and I can take care of Sophia while you guys go check it out. That way she is still safe and here at the guild." Gajeel said.

"Thank you guys. We won't be long. We promise!" Natsu and I stood up from the table and walked out of the front doors of the guild.

We walked down the long path back to my place where just last night the break in happened. The uneasy feeling I had back at the guild started to rise to my stomach. My face scrunched.

Natsu must have noticed what was going on with me. He looked at me worried and then took my hand.

"Lu everything is going to be alright. We won't let anything happen to her. I won't let anything happen to her." He squeezed my hand to give me a little reassurance. I smiled and drew my eyes back to the road.

We came up on the our home. Natsu jaw dropped and so did mine.

"Oh my god."

—————-—————-—————-
Wow! Been awhile!
Uneventful, but at least it's done.
Thank you guys for the reads! I'm sorry it's so far behind and late. I'm just in a really "oh you need to write" mood today. :) hopefully I'll have another one up by tonight.
—————-—————-—————-—