Ch. 1

Welcome to my story! I hope you enjoy!

The rain fell on Lucy's house as if the earth was crying. Lucy was sitting on her couch, writing a letter to her mother.

Dear Mama,

Guess what! Natsu just came back yesterday from a two month mission. I had decided that I should stay back. I have enough jewels saved up I don't need to worry about rent for a few months. You should have seen it mama! Erza tackled Wendy the other day because she stole her cake! I don't think she meant to, but she did!

Gray had finally asked Juvia out on a date. They are going to that new restaurant on the other side of town tonight. I think it will go well for them. Don't you agree?

I wonder if I will ever find someone. That will love me for who I am, and not someone they want me to be. Wouldn't that be nice, mama?

I've missed Nastu so much these last two months. He really shouldn't leave me for that long. It's just not the same when he's gone. The guild is always so quiet. It's just so weird.

What's like up there mama? Is it warm? I bet its really nice.

I miss you mama.

A tear fell down Lucy's face, hitting the paper.

I miss you so much mama. I wish you were still here to watch me grow. Why did you have to go? I just don't understand mama. You were fine one day then the next? You were so sick.  I couldn't do anything to save you mama. Once you left this world, papa became very angry. He would come home from the bar and scream at me. He blamed me for your death ma-

There was a sudden knock at the her door.

Who could it be? It's 1:30!

Lucy quickly wiped her tears and walked up to the door, twisting the brass knob. She looked down at the feet of the stranger, realizing it wasn't a stranger.

Instead it was her pink haired best friend.

"Natsu, I told you that if you want to come over it has to b-" Lucy's eyes went wide when she saw what he was cradling in his arms.

"Lucy I need your help." Nastu said in a stern voice as Lucy stared at the small baby in Natsu's arms.

Lucy stepped to the side, letting Natsu in.

"Someone left her at my door. I-I don't know what to do!" Natsu stated to rock the baby in his arms. The baby started to cry as he was walking in.

"Shhh it's ok, you're safe now" He whispered to the child.

She started to cry harder, as if defying the dragon slayer. Lucy could tell Natsu was getting frustrated.

"Here, let me take her." Lucy whispered and took the child from Natsu. She tucked the baby into her arms and walked around her house.

"Shhh." Lucy slowly started to hush the baby. As if on cue, she stopped crying ind drifted into a deep sleep. Lucy strolled over to her couch and laid her down, setting a pillow on the side, so she wouldn't fall off. She covered the baby with a small cloth and walked back to Natsu. She took a seat next to him where he had his head in his hands.

"Natsu, it's ok. We will find the baby's mom in the morning" She said, laying her head down on Natsu's shoulder.

"Luce the mom obviously didn't want her. So I'm going to have to take care of her."

"But Natsu, are you sure you're ready for this? A baby is a big responsibility." Lucy whispered as she looked up at him.

"Nope, but I'll have you and Happy to help me? Right?" Natus looked Lucy in the eyes and didn't falter his gaze. His eyes flickered to her lips and back up. Natsu gave Lucy his signature smile.

"Of course." Lucy returned his smile and laid her head back on his shoulder. He rested his head on hers and they both fell into a deep and peaceful sleep.

Chapter One of The Miracle is finished! Chapter 2 will (hopefully) be up soon! Thanks for reading!

• Side note •

I'm going to need some baby names for this child. Leave a comment on which one you like!

Grace

Sophia

Sapphire

Liberty

Jazmine