Ch. 2

Welcome back! Enjoy!

Lucy's Point of View

It was about three in the morning when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. My eyes fluttered open to reveal my best friend carrying me to my bedroom. I reached up in my half asleep state, and threw my arms around him. Natsu shuffled his way to my room. He softly laid me down on my bed, but before he crawled in next to me, he took off his day clothes and slipped on a t-shirt he kept in my dresser.  He shoved his left arm under his head and pulled me closer to him with his right. My face started to head up as I laid my head down on his chest.

What is going on! Why am I blushing?

Not long after, he had fallen asleep. Natsu held me close in his arms.

Then his grip tightened around me.

His breath starts to quicken, his face contorting into a terrified look. I try to sit up and get a better look but Natsu pulled me back down onto his chest. Beads of sweat started to line the top of his forehead. I was starting to get really worried.

I shook his arm, trying to wake him up.

"Natsu?"

"No.. No Luce," He whimpered in his sleep. His grip tightening once more.

"Natsu wake up! Its just a bad dream!" I kept on shanking Natsu.

He jolted up right in the bed panting with tears falling from his eyes. The dragon slayer snapped his head to the side and looked me in the eyes.

"Lucy...I...it was..." His eyes darkened. He lunged for me and wrapped his muscular arms around me.

"Promise you will never leave me... I can't lose you again..." He buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"I promise. I'm not going anywhere." I laced my arms around his back and held him close

We sat in silence fro a little while until Natsu fell sleep in my arms.

I began to wonder when my feelings for Natsu started to form.

Maybe it was back when he save me from that big monster when we were on a mission a while back. No, was it before then?  It had to of been.

My head started to ache just thinking about it, so I decided to just go off to bed.

††††††††††††††

Time skip - 5am

††††††††††††††

I woke up to something shoving my arm.

"Luce."

"Five more minuets." I grumbled and rolled over.

Once again, move shoving.

"Lu go get her."

It took me a few seconds to register what Natsu was talking about.

I rolled my eyes and went out tho the living room to check on the baby girl. She was still laying on the couch, right where I had left her. (I know, I know, bad parenting on my part. But where else was she going to sleep?) I gently picked up the child and placed her in my arms

"Come here, love. Are you hungry? Lets go and find you something to eat." I whispered.

I walked to the kitchen fridge and found an apple to mash for the child. After I was done feeding her the apple, I laid her down on the floor to change her dipper. I shuffled my way to the hall closet and grabbed a thick cloth. I went back to the giggling child, who was now playing with her toes.

"Ok sweet heart, lets get you changed and hopefully back to bed."

After changing her dipper, I gingerly placed her in my arms and slowly started to rock her back and forth. She was becoming quite fussy. I was having trouble calming her down, but an idea popped into my head.

I cleared my throat and stated to sing.

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I cant help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darlings so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

"That was beautiful." I snapped my head to the side to see Natsu leaning against the wall in the hall way.

I looked down at the child as Natsu made his way over to us. He placed both of his hands on my shoulders.

"You'll make a great mother." He whispered. Natsu placed his head on my shoulder, he slid his hands down the sides of my arms, snaking his own around my waist. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"You'll make a great father." I smiled, never letting my gaze falter away from the miracle in my arms.

"Come back to bed after you put her down." His warm breath sprawl across my skin, as if it was a wild fire. He dropped his arms from around my waist and sauntered back to my room.

I placed the child back down on the couch; once again making a barrier so she won't fall off. I kissed her on her forehead before walking off to my room. Natsu had already made himself comfortable on the outside of the bed so I had to crawl over him. Once I had gotten settled in facing the wall, I felt his arm wrap around me and pull me closer to his chest. We sat in silence for a while.

"Luce?" Natsu muttered in his half asleep state.

"Hm?" I breathed out.

"I love you, Luce. Don't ever leave me." He gently placed a soft kiss on my forehead before falling asleep.

I smiled.

"I love you too, Nastu"

And with that, we both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

================================================================================

Fin!

I apologize in advance for any misspellings.

If you get confused at any point int this story, please don't hesitate to ask!

Also I know I know I rushed them falling in love with each other but for this story to advance it needed to happen now! Sorry! I tried to add a cute little scene.

Please let me know what you think!

Word Count - 1,010

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Also I have added a few new names and taken some away for the child. Let me know which one you like.

Grace

Sophia

Sapphire

Autumn

Kiseki