Ch. 5

Hello friends! Welcome to chapter 5 of The Miracle. I hope you enjoyyyyy

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
3:58 a.m.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Natsu POV

There was a bang.

My eyes flew open. I sat up and looked around the room. They landed on Lucy, who was still sleeping peacefully next to me.

Bang.

There it was again.

Someone's here.

"Lucy." I tried to shake Lucy awake. "Lucy wake up."

Her eyes fluttered open. She laid there and looked up at me.

"Natsu? What's going o-" I pushed my hand against her mouth. Her eyes gave me a worried look. I put a finger up to my lips, signaling for her to be quiet.

"There's someone here." I whispered. Her brown orbs grew with fear. I took my hand from her mouth. "Go to the nursery, get Sophia, and come back to our room. I'm gonna go check it out." I quickly kissed her on the forehead and lit my hand in my flames.
"I'll try to fight them off as long as I can. If you hear me yell, you and Sophia need to run."

I tiptoed out into the living room of our apartment. The room stood still as I looked around.

There was a creek in the floor boards.

I looked over to the door and saw that it was cracked open. I walked up to the door, shutting it and locking it.

There was another creek.

I slowly turned around and suddenly a man jumped out from the shadows and lunged at me. I took my flaming fists and started to fight back.

"Where's the girl!" The man screamed.

"You're not taking her! Not on my watch!"

We fought back and forth. The man had blocked one of my punches and succeeded in landing a hit to my gut. From there he grabbed me by the throat and slammed me onto the couch, breaking it into pieces.

His grip on me grew tighter and tighter.

"I said, where is the girl."

"You'll never get her." I spit and the mans face, pushed my feet under his gut and kicked him off of me.

"LUCY! RUN!" I scream throughout the house, trying to get her to leave with our child.

"Open! Gate of the golden bull! Taurus!"

"LUCY NO! GET OUTTA HERE!" The strange man and I fought back and forth for as long as we could. Taurus joined the fight and helped me take care of the man. Lucy stood in the hallway, with Sophia in her arms.

"I'm not leaving you Natsu!! We are a team!!!"

Taurus took his giant ax and swung at the man. Cutting his arm.

The man winced in pain as he fell to the floor. He staggered to get up and gritted his teeth. Taurus returned to the celestial world. Lucy ran up to me with our daughter.

"This isn't over, Dragneel." I looked up to see the mans face in the moon light from the windows. The dude smashed the closest window and jumped onto the ledge.

"I will have that girl, even if I die trying" With that, he disappeared.

Lucy took a few steps back, cradling a crying Sophia in her arms. She tightened her grip on the kid and looked up at me with scared eyes.

"What does he mean this isn't over?! Natsu he's going to do this again an..and he's going to take our little girl and-" Lucy looked into Sophia's eyes. She stopped crying as soon as she saw Lucy's face. Tears stared to form in Lucy's eyes and she brought her into a hug.

"We can't lose her Natsu. We are all she has."

I walked up to Lucy and pulled her chin up so I could look in her eyes.

"I won't let anything happen to her. Or you. I promise, we will protect our daughter at all cost." I have Lucy a peck on the forehead and pulled her close.

"Come on, let's get dressed and go to the guild. We can sleep there for the night while we try and figure out what to do on how to catch this guy." I started to walk away fr Lucy to go and gather our things to take.

"Natsu?" She looked at me, then our child, then back to me.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Luce."

After we had finished packing our stuff and Sophia's, we left for the guild.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AND FIN!

Chapter 5 is finally finished! It's been over a year and a half and I have NO excuse. My bad.

No Magic yet.... but soon :)

I hope to see you around for chapter 6 :)

- Spirit Mage