Ch. 11

Natsu POV

I walked down the hall back into Sophia's room. My mind was running wild with the possibility of the stone being gone.

Fuck. What are we going to do if it's not here? The only sent I can pick up in here are mine Lucy and Sophia's.

I tore her bedroom apart. I started with the bed. I ripped the blanks off, lifted her bed up off the ground and pushed it to the side. I did the same with her bed frame. Nothing.

We have got to find where she is hiding this damn stone.

I move her dresser from against the wall. I rip open every drawer going through the neatly folded clothes, making a mess of them. Sorry Luce, we will have to refold them.

Nothing.

I check her closet. All of her toys came flying out in the search.

Nothing. Again.

I hear Lucy from the next room over.

"We are never going to find this thing!"

Honestly starting to believe it at this point.

I turned my head towards the door.

I should go check on how everyone else is doing. I wonder if they- what the hell is that?

A sparkle under Sophia's old changing table caught my eye. I quickly moved it to the side. I kneeled down next to the sparkle. Between all of the old toys and dust, there lay the stone, in 3 pieces.

Shit.

"Hey guys! Come look at this!"

Lucy came running in with Loke. Gray and Gajeel followed. Lucy turned the corner and her eyes went wide

"Oh my god" Lucy whispered and put her hands over her mouth in awe.

I stood up and embraced her in a hug.

"Calm down Lucy, this doesn't mean anything." I grabbed and pushed her head into my chest.

"Why don't we take the stone back to the guild and give it to Levy. Maybe she can tell us more information." Gray walked over to us, picked the pieces up off the ground and shoved it into his pocket. He came and put a hand on Lucy's back reassuring her. She turned to look at him.

"Thanks Gray. Let's hurry. I need to see Sophia." Lucy said. She took my hand and ran for the door.

------------------

Guild

-------------------

Lucy bust through the door with my hand still in hers. I scanned the room looking for Sophia.

"Daddy!" Sophia yelled and came running up to me. I held open my arms and she jumped into them. "You're finally back!" she wrapped her little arms around my neck and squeezed.

"You're back!" Erza walked up to us with Levy in tow.

Gray walked over to Levy and handed her the stone. He took her hand from his side and placed the pieces in it. Levy's eyes went wide when she realized it was the stone wasn't intact.

"How did-?" She looked up at Gray confused.

"We aren't really sure." I said while holding Sophia. She looked at the stone and curled up in my arms.

"Is the mean man here?" Sophia whispered.

"No princess. He's not here. " Gray walked over to us and gave Sophia a small pat on her head.