Chapter 2- An Awkward Breakfast

I drifted into dreamland, luxuriating in the rhythmic hum of the car's engine, only to be jolted awake by the unmistakable click of a camera. Laughter erupted, echoing through the vehicle as I blinked groggily, met with sly smirks all around. "What's the joke?" I grumbled, disoriented, and more than a little irritated.

"You were out like a light," Madhu chimed in, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"And your mouth? Wide open for business," Geeta added with a snicker, barely able to contain herself.

"Not my finest hour," I shot back, trying to save face.

"You left a puddle on my jacket," Pragyan interjected, a devilish grin playing on his lips as he pointed out the evidence. I hastily removed the jacket, feeling the heat of embarrassment scorching my cheeks. The guys were snickering, the girls were snorting, and I was mortified. But just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Kajol Aunty stepped in, her gaze sharp and protective. "Alright, ease up. Lay off the poor girl," she scolded, earning my silent gratitude. However, she wasn't done yet. With a wicked glint in her eye, she flipped the script. "But Pragyan, since you find it so hilarious, why don't I mention that you were the one who covered her with your jacket? Everyone knows you did it while they were all asleep, right?" Pragyan's face turned beet red. "I... I was just being nice, okay?"

"Sure, you thought she looked adorable," Arnav teased, while Shivansh raised an incredulous eyebrow. "You thought we were all asleep?" Pragyan buried his face in his hands. "Why?"

Unbeknownst to me, a sly grin curled on my lips as I peered out the window. The car eased to a stop, and seizing the moment, I interjected, "So, when's breakfast?"

"Right this moment," Kajol Aunty declared, pulling up to a charming café. We spilled out eagerly, ready to indulge in some morning delights. Inside, as we placed our orders, fate seemed to have a playful hand. Geeta, Madhu, and Shivansh snagged a booth together, leaving me sandwiched between Pragyan and Arnav.

As our meals arrived, I reached for a muffin, tantalizingly out of reach. "Madhu, pass the muffin, please," I implored. Madhu, with her mischievous spark, turned to Pragyan. "Pragyan, do us a favor and pass the muffin to our friend here," she teased, a glint of mischief in her eyes. He complied, a knowing grin on his face, as our fingers briefly brushed.

Shivansh couldn't resist a jab, "Hold off on the hand-holding for now. Food comes first!" I shot back with a smirk, "Oh, Shivansh, you know I like to savor my desserts."

Pragyan and I exchanged a glance, the air crackling with playful tension. Then, I noticed Sangita's hand finding its way into Shivansh's under the table, a blush creeping up her cheeks. Clearing my throat, I couldn't resist teasing him further, "Looks like some of us are already enjoying the sweet treats, Shivansh." His eyes widened in surprise, and I winked, reveling in the fiery banter.

As we wrapped up, we all sauntered out to the car, lingering as Kajol Aunty settled the bill with a wink and a smile. Just as we were about to hop into our usual spots, she dropped a bombshell. "Let's crank up the heat, shall we?" she proposed, her voice dripping with mischief. "Kiran, you're riding shotgun with Arnav and Pragyan, and Shivansh, you're getting cozy between Madhuri and Sangita." Her eyes twinkled suggestively, igniting a spark of anticipation among us.

We settled into our new seating arrangement, and as the car roared to life, the air crackled with excitement. Sangita's cheeks flushed crimson as she and Shivansh exchanged furtive glances and whispered secrets. Curiosity got the better of me, and I leaned in to catch their conversation, only to collide heads with Arnav in a clumsy mishap. The car fell into an awkward silence, all eyes trained on us.

In that tense moment, Pragyan shot a pointed look at Arnav, his expression a silent command to back off. But Arnav, never one to back down, flashed a cocky grin. "She's all yours, buddy. I know the bro code," he quipped, attempting to diffuse the tension with a wink. I felt a rush of surprise as Pragyan pulled me close, his arm casually slung around my shoulder as he scrolled through his phone.

The van erupted in a chorus of gasps, giggles, and whispered speculations, their eyes alight with curiosity and mischief. Closing my eyes, I savored the intoxicating blend of embarrassment and exhilaration coursing through me, knowing that this car ride was just the beginning of an unforgettable adventure.