Chapter 15: Some *cough* Drama

As I strolled towards the cafeteria, I spotted Pragyan with a troubled expression. Uh oh, someone had clearly rubbed him the wrong way.

"Hey there, Mr. Grumpy," I teased, nudging him gently. His scowl softened into a sheepish smile as he met my gaze.

"Sorry about that," he muttered, his tone slightly apologetic. "I just... I ran into someone."

My heart sank as he mentioned his twin sister, Tanya. Dread washed over me at the thought of her returning. Tanya was, well, let's just say she had a knack for making people's lives miserable.

"Wait, wasn't she at boarding school?" I asked, my voice tinged with concern. Pragyan nodded, his expression darkening once more.

"Yeah, but she's back now," he confirmed, his frustration evident. "My parents thought it would be good for her to finish her last two years here."

"Well, I'm here for you, buddy," I reassured him, giving his shoulder a sympathetic pat. A faint blush crept onto his cheeks as he glanced away, covering his face with a sheepish smile.

We grabbed our slices and took a seat at our usual spot, surrounded by the gang. I wolfed down mine and couldn't resist eyeing Pragyan's half-eaten piece. He caught my gaze and without missing a beat, he slid it my way with a smirk. I couldn't help but grin as I accepted it, our silent exchange speaking volumes.

"That pizza looks heavenly."

"You want it?"

"Absolutely."

"Take it."

"Thanks a bunch!"

"No problem."

"Mmm, delicious!"

"Quit it, you're too cute."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"N-nothing!"

Arnav's cough broke the moment, his playful tone cutting through the air. "So, enjoying the eye candy exchange, are we? Mind sharing?"

Pragyan stumbled over his words, his face flushing crimson, mirroring my own embarrassment. I averted my gaze, feeling the warmth creep up my cheeks and spread across my nose. Unable to contain it, I bit my lip, a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. When I dared to glance up, I was met with the amused gazes of our friends, their knowing grins confirming what we both already knew.

Pragyan's sudden tension didn't go unnoticed, his posture stiffening as his gaze shifted. I followed his line of sight, spotting the source of his discomfort. There she was, the devil herself, Tanya. Petite in stature, barely reaching 5'2", her hair styled in elaborate curls with streaks of pink running through them. There was a certain air of malice about her, evident in her perfectly made-up face and the way she carried herself. She exuded the aura of a mean girl, but amplified, as if she had taken the archetype and cranked it up to the max.

She saw us and headed over. I looked away, hoping she wouldn't notice me, but of course, luck wasn't on my side. "Ah, Kiran, how's life? Remember when I poured—" she started, but Pragyan cut her off with a sharp tone. "That's enough, Tanya," he ground out, his face twisted with anger. Tanya smirked, clearly enjoying getting under Pragyan's skin. "Oh, touched a nerve, I see.

 Not to mess with iddy-biddy Pragy's girlfriend," she taunted, her words dripping with sarcasm.I couldn't resist firing back. "Seriously, Tanya, is that all you've got? You seem to have shrunk a bit. Feeling weak, huh? Such a disappointment," I retorted, relishing the opportunity to wipe the smug grin off her plastic face.

But before I could say more, she grabbed my shirt and poured cold water over me. Normally, it might have felt refreshing, but with the entire cafeteria staring at us, it was anything but. I let the water drip off my face, using my powers to cool down, then stood up and took a step toward her, a smirk playing on my lips. I could see the fear flicker in Tanya's eyes as I towered over her. "Oh, how the tables have turned, huh? Care to test me?" I challenged, the fire in my eyes matching the determination in my voice. I lifted her collar, a warning that no one dared to mess with me or my friends.

 She looked frightened and angry, but I made sure she knew I wasn't backing down.As I returned to my seat, Tanya backed away, realizing all eyes were on us. I wiped my hand, refusing to touch her filth, and Pragyan looked at me. "What?" I snapped sharply. "No one messes with my friends. They'll burn, and I'll burn them," I declared, snarling at Tanya.

***

As the adrenaline rush faded, panic began to creep in, swallowing me whole like a suffocating shadow. "Oh no, what have I done? They're going to call me to the principal's office, and what if they put a remark on my record? What if—"

But before my spiral of worries could escalate further, Pragyan stepped in, his hand covering my mouth to silence my frantic thoughts. With a gentle yet firm grip, he turned my gaze towards him, his eyes smoldering with intensity amidst the chaos.

"Hey, hey, calm down," he urged, his voice low and soothing, sending shivers down my spine. "No one's going to get in trouble. The teachers all know what a stuck-up snob my sister is. You put her in her place, and that makes you a hero in my book. Sure, it was intense, but I like that fire in you."

His closeness, his confidence, ignited a different kind of heat within me, one that burned with a mix of relief and desire. With a shaky exhale, I nodded, feeling the tension easing from my body under his reassuring touch.

I felt the fabric of my drenched shirt clinging to my body, accentuating every curve in a way that made my heart race. As I glanced around, hoping against hope that it wasn't see-through, I noticed everyone averting their gaze, confirming my suspicions. Lucky break, huh?

"I'll be right back," I announced hastily, dashing out of sight to my locker. My last hope, my soccer jersey, was nowhere to be found. Damn, it must be in the wash! Frustration bubbled up inside me, threatening to boil over as I cursed under my breath.

Just as panic began to set in, Pragyan appeared as a savior in the chaos. "I know what chaos you left your house in," he remarked, holding out a shirt. "Wear this. I'll keep watch outside."

Without hesitation, I followed his instructions, retreating into an empty classroom. As I shed my wet shirt and slipped into Pragyan's, a rush of excitement surged through me. The scent of his cologne enveloped me, stirring something primal deep within my core.

Tying my damp hair into a messy braid, I reveled in the oversized shirt, the fabric draping over me like a second skin. Despite the impracticality of my actions, I couldn't resist the allure of Pragyan's scent lingering on the fabric.

As I emerged from the room, I was met with Pragyan's intense gaze, his eyes smoldering with desire as they roamed over my figure. Arnav and Shivansh stood beside him, their expressions shifting from shock to amusement as they observed Pragyan's reaction.

A sly grin played on my lips as I locked eyes with Pragyan, noting the hunger in his dilated pupils and the way his breath hitched slightly. His open mouth betrayed his longing, sending a thrill coursing through me.

"You okay?" I asked, a hint of allure in my voice as I leaned in closer, the heat between us palpable.

Pragyan's response was husky, his voice thick with desire as he struggled to maintain composure. Arnav and Shivansh exchanged knowing glances, their eyebrows raised in silent acknowledgment of the electric tension between us.

With a playful wink, I turned away, knowing full well the effect I had on Pragyan and relishing in the spicy anticipation of what was to come after class.