Chapter 28: Toxic Charms Sweetie

***Kiran's POV:***

So, there I was, sitting in the guru's office after school, trying to pretend I cared about whatever he was going to say. Madhav and Mohini stroll in, looking all smug. Ugh, the royal duo.

We all take our seats, and the guru starts his spiel. "You guys have done great, Kiran, you're killing it in everything; Madhav, sports champ; and Mohini, well, she's royalty."

Then comes the bombshell. "You're all headed to Sintara for five years of training."I nod, keeping my cool. "Any questions?" the guru asks. I raise an eyebrow and ask the obvious, "When do we leave?"

"Two days from now," he says.

As I get up to leave, the guru stops me. "Oh, and Kiran," he looks kinda awkward now, "you'll have to address the royals as 'sir' or 'ma'am'."

I'm like, seriously? But before I can protest, he explains, "Madhav and Mohini are royalty, but you're... well, you're not."

I finish his sentence, "A non-royal on a scholarship."He nods, and I'm just like, "Yeah, got it, Guru.""It's just protocol," he adds quickly, "but remember, you're just as good as them."I give him a tight smile, "Sure thing, Guru."

As I leave, I can't help but think, great, now I have to call them 'sir' and 'ma'am'. But hey, if that's the game, I'll play it. At least I can still be me, even among all these royal snobs.

We all leave the guru's office, and I head back to my room to start packing. Madhav enters quietly from behind, and we work in silence. My stomach growls loudly, and I realize I haven't eaten since breakfast. Damn stomach, sorry I didn't give you lunch.

"Hungry, are we?" Madhav asks, smirking.

I don't reply as I stuff the last of my clothes into my bag. Feeling lightheaded, I know I need to eat. I head out to the dining hall, grab a plate, and fill it up at the buffet. 

Finding a secluded corner, I start eating, trying to ignore the stares I feel on me. Maybe it's a couple of pairs of eyes, maybe more. I know at once that it's Madhav and Mohini, Tarun and Harish too. I decide to ignore them, focusing on stuffing the last grains of rice into my mouth before heading back to my room.

Ah, bed, sweet bed, my second best friend. I collapse onto it, feeling exhausted. No library tonight, books, but my health is the priority. I hug my pillow tightly, closing my eyes, ready to get some much-needed rest before this new journey begins.

The day had finally arrived, and as expected, a royal black Ferrari rolled in. Madhav and Mohini smirked, clearly expecting the royal treatment they were accustomed to. The guru threw me the keys, and I felt a smirk curling my lips as I got into the driver's seat. The guru sat shotgun, while the royal couple settled in the back.

We sped along the road, the stream passing beneath us, and then we approached the entrance to the wormhole. As we entered, I could feel the magic in the air. The surroundings changed dramatically, from the dark woods to a bright, lighted, and crowded village. The palace gleamed in the distance, a magnificent sight against the evening darkness.

The people of Sintara bustled about, going about their evening activities. The streets were alive with energy, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. This was going to be a new chapter, a new adventure, and I was ready for whatever challenges and experiences awaited me in this magical kingdom.

I was beyond exhausted, the 7-hour journey had taken its toll on me. The guru and Mohini were both fast asleep, but I kept driving, feeling the weight of Madhav's eyes on me. I kept my focus on the road, trying to ignore the fatigue creeping in.