Chapter 16: Affected

***Pragyan's POV***:

Kiran's eyes lingered hungrily on my pizza, and I couldn't help but smirk. Oh, she thought she could just snag a slice without me noticing? The audacity. Sure, she looked cute with that longing gaze, but I wasn't about to give in so easily. I returned her innocent smile with a knowing one. Ah, my heart... Pragyan, get a grip. Our silent exchange spoke volumes.

"Doesn't that pizza look heavenly?" she purred, her voice dripping with desire.

"You want it?" I arched an eyebrow, already knowing the answer.

"Absolutely," she replied, a mischievous spark dancing in her eyes.

"Take it," I offered, pushing the pizza towards her. Eh, I wasn't hungry anyway. Or maybe I just wanted to watch her indulge.

"Thanks a bunch!" she grinned, her excitement contagious.

"No problem," I smirked, barely concealing my growing fondness.

"Mmm, delicious!" she moaned, savoring every bite.

"Quit it, you're too cute," I muttered, unable to contain my feelings any longer.

"Huh? What do you mean?" she teased, a playful smirk tugging at her lips.

"N-nothing!" I stumbled over my words, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

Suddenly, Arnav interrupted with a cough. Of course, it was Arnav. I despised him. "So, enjoying the eye candy exchange, are we? Mind sharing?" I flushed, my tongue tied in knots. Kiran glanced down, her cheeks flushed with a rosy blush. I could have stared at her for hours. Who needs makeup when you have a natural glow like hers? My gaze flicked to my bratty twin, Tanya. Why now? Right in front of Kiran? They had a tumultuous history. I felt myself tense up, but Kiran was quick to notice, her hand finding mine as she shot Tanya a warning look. She silently prayed that Tanya wouldn't ruin the moment or expose our budding connection. But of course, Tanya couldn't resist. With a smirk, she sauntered over. "Ah, Kiran, how's life? Remember when I poured-" I cut her off sharply, not wanting her to spoil the mood with her petty antics. "That's enough, Tanya," I interjected, my tone laced with irritation. She had the nerve to smirk and mock me, "Oh, touched a nerve, I see. Not wise to mess with little Pragy's girlfriend."

I shot Kiran a desperate look. Please, don't let Tanya ruin this. I've only just rekindled my friendship with Kiran. I couldn't risk losing her again. Who was I to call Kiran my crush? I needed to keep my emotions in check. Surprisingly, Kiran remained unfazed. If anything, she wore an expression that said, "Seriously bro? Are you even serious right now?" She responded with a cool demeanor, "Seriously, Tanya, is that all you've got? You seem a bit... shrunken. What happened, feeling weak?"

Oof, that was a real slap in the face, wasn't it? Boom, roasted! Take that, Tanya! Her face twisted with rage and fury. "So, we're resorting to physical threats now, huh? Let me remind you who's in charge, you snotty-faced bi-" But before she could finish her sentence, I couldn't hold back any longer. How dare she speak to Kiran like that? The audacity!

Tanya didn't hesitate to grab a big bottle of ice-cold water and douse Kiran with it. My fists clenched with rage, ready to jump to Kiran's defense. But then, something unexpected happened.

Kiran didn't need me to defend her. She rose from her seat, her eyes blazing with fury. With a wicked smirk, she approached Tanya, towering over her like a lioness ready to pounce. Gripping Tanya's collar, she spoke in a voice dripping with venom, "Oh, how the tables have turned, huh? Want to test me?" Her words sliced through the air, and in an instant, Tanya's arrogance crumbled.