seventeen

Dabi's POV:

"Dabi who the fuck is that?" Rumi whisper yells. "Who are we talking about?" I whisper in response. She grips my jaw and forces my head to the right. 

"Ohhhh, you mean Kai."

I couldn't blame her for being turned on by the sight of him alone. He looked good behind the counter. He fit in pretty well. Rolled sleeves, unbutton shirt, ruffled hair. "Wait you have a boyfriend." She hits my chest. "Shut up and answer my question," she growls. "I did answer your question." She hits me again. "How do you know him."

"Kai!" 

We both turn to the door to see Tomura rushing in. To my surprise Kai's eyes light up. Tomura sets a brown paper bag on the bar. Kai runs the counter and hugs Tomura tightly. "Well that's unexpected," I mutter. He actually lifts Tomura off the ground in their hug. It was cute to see Tomura so happy. I can only imagine how it went when he saw Himiko. 

"Tomura you look so good." He light places him back on the ground. Tomura run his fingers through his hair, pushing it out of his face. "You look really nice too! Dabi told me you were working at a bar but he didn't tell me it was here." Kai rolls his eyes. "Yeah because Dabi sucks."

"Hey I heard that asshole!"

"What about it bitch?" 

Oh if only I had something to throw at him. "Get your hands off my fiancé you prick." He grins. "What if I don't?" He picks Tomura up again causing him to laugh. "Get your own lover, dick." He spins him around over his shoulder. "And if I don't?" He teases. "I'm not a rag doll you assholes," Tomura laughs out. 

It easier than I expected to pretend that the other night didn't happen. To pretend that last month didn't happen. Himiko is working at the hair salon with Mange and Jin is doing pretty well with his florist job. 

"Put him down jackass!" He just sticks his tongue out. "Kai, can you please put me down?" Tomura asks. "Of course." Again he lightly set him down on the floor. "Oh so you listen to him?" Kai places his hands on his hips. "Obviously, I wouldn't do anything without consent." 

Tomura claps his hands grabbing our attention. "Hey, focus." He grabs the bag and sets it in front of him. "Open it." Kai does as he's told. "I know you have a lot of sensory issues so I bought you something to help. Or that'll hopefully help." Kai pulls out a pair of black latex gloves. "Shit, Tomura-"
"There's more."
Kai goes back into the bag and pulls out a pair of black leather gloves. "Those are for when you're not at work. I hope they're comfortable, if not than I can replace them." Kai drops the gloves on the counter top and hugs Tomura again. "Thank you."

He wasted no time pulling the latex gloves on. "What's with all the noise?" Kurogiri walks from the back room. "Oh, Tomura, it's lovely to see you dear." He leans over the bar to kiss Tomura on the cheek. "Hi Mr. Kurogiri." He's given up on telling Tomura to drop the formalities. "I'm just stopping by since I was on break." I find it hard to believe he walked three miles to just for shits and giggles. More likely than not he needed a distraction. "You know we'd never complain," Rumi says. 

"Shit, I feel like I should give you something," Kai mumbles. "No it's fine, I just didn't want you to feel uncomfortable." Tomura waves him off. I sigh. "Listen to him. If you buy him something he'll kick you in the dick." He raises a brow. "You sound like you're speaking from experience." Tomura just smiles which is the only response any of them need.