Chapter One » Meow.

Charlie had a long day. He did a lot of music stuff and met with his friends at a restaurant. It was a great day after all!

After a nice dinner filled with laughs and good times, Charlie walks home feeling content. He takes in the night air, breathing deeply. All of the stress and worries of the day were washed away from his mind. He couldn't help but smile to himself.

Charlie walks up the stairs to his apartment and takes a deep breath. The day was over, and he could finally relax. He enters his kitchen to get some water and notices a note on the counter. "What's this?" he thinks to himself as he picks it up and unfolds it.

"Meow"

That- that's literally all it said-

"What the heck.."

he says out loud to himself. What could this possibly mean? He starts to rack his brain but soon realizes this won't lead to anything. Maybe one of his friends left the note as a joke? He shrugs it off and takes a sip of his water. He decides to forget about the whole thing and go to bed.

[10 minutes later]

Slowly closing his eyes, he lets out a deep breath as he finally begins to drift off. It has been a long day, and he is relieved to finally be done with it. But as he does, he keeps thinking about that stupid note. What did it mean?! He starts to get agitated, rolling around in his bed. Finally, he gives up, and his eyes shoot open.

His vision is blurred, but it does appear to be day. He must have been so frustrated with the note that he couldn't fall asleep. He looks at the clock and sees it's 9:00 AM. His eyes widen as he realizes he wasted an entire night thinking about that stupid note.

He just decides to continue his day. He gets dressed, brushes his teeth and eats breakfast. And while he eats, he remembers that he has to go grocery shopping.

After breakfast, he puts a jacket and his shoes on and then walks to the grocery shop.