Chapter 4 » Game of Cat and Mouse

The cats have surrounded him, their eyes locked on him, and their snarling, hissing voices fill the air.

One cat steps forward, seeming to be the leader of the group.

"Who are you?"

she hisses, her voice filled with anger. Another cat steps forward,

"Don't lie to us."

she says, her voice menacing.

"I- I am- Charles. Wh- WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEA-"

The cat slaps him as he starts to yell.

Charlie is instantly taken off guard by the sudden slap across the face. That cat is clearlyyy not messing around.

"Who do you work for, human?"

the cat says.

"Wha- What? I don't-"

The cat slaps him again.

"DON'T ACT DUMB! We know that there's something different about you!"

"OK- OKAY!! What is so different about m-"

Anddd.. the cat slaps him again.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR??"

he asks.

"Oh- nothing. You just have a really slapable face."

she answers in her high-pitched voice.

The high-pitched, mocking tone of her voice only aggravates Charlie even more. He's getting tired of this.

"ENOUGH!!"

he yells out,

"What do you mean by 'Something Different' about me? I'm not any different from any other human..."

"Of COURSE you are, dummy! You're not allowed to go out of the house without your owner,"

the cat answers,

"And you should NOT be able to talk this much!"

Charlie is stunned by this response.

He has never been called a "dummy" by a CAT before. Especially not in such a condescending tone.

"What do you mean by 'Owner'? I'm not anyone's pet!"

he says, with a hint of irritation in his voice.

The cat looks at him.

After a moment of silence, she starts talking again.

"Oh? Is that so? Then we better get you one that TEACHES you how to act your role..."

she says while getting a little closer to Charlie, along with the other cats.

Charlie's heart starts to pound faster and faster as the cats circle him, getting closer to him every second.

They're clearly not going to let him run away again.

"WHAT IS MY ROLE?! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?"

he yells, backing away and trying to put something, anything between himself and the cats.

"Ohh.. you'll see.."

And after she said that, all the cats jump onto him and attack him.

Chaos ensues as the cats all jump on Charlie and start attacking him while screeching and hissing uncontrollably.

He tries to fight back, but there are just too many of them and he is quickly overrun.

They claw at his face and body, scratching and biting him until he could barely move.

The cats then started to drag him away, as the last thing he heard was the sound of the leader saying,

"Finally, his owner will teach him a lesson."