Chapter 3 » Meow-tally Insane

As he dives into the bush, he hides within the leaves and branches. The cats seem to have lost track of him after all of the running around.

They rush out of the store and scan the surroundings, but they can't seem to find him. He listens carefully for any signs that they are still nearby, but all he can hear is silence.

"...What..? How? WHY?"

Charles thinks to himself.
His head is full with questions. How is all this even possible?

He slowly gets out of the bush. He wants to get as far away as possible from these cats.

[10 minutes later]

He calls his friend, DHeusta (Dallin). He has to tell anyone about what just happend!

Unfortunately he didn't pick up. Neither did OR3O (Euria), his mom, Dolvondo (Marshall), Emma or any of his siblings.

The fact that not a single person answered Charlie's calls left him feeling worried and confused.

He still doesn't know what the heck is going on, and the lack of any sort of response from his friends only adds to his concern.

He starts to wonder if this situation could be much bigger than he would have ever thought. What if he's the only one left?

Suddenly, he can hear someone shout:

"I CAN SMEEELLLLLL HIM!! STINKY LITTLE HUMAN!!"

It is much closer than he would have liked...

He tries to remain as still as possible, hoping to go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, the cats seem to have a really good sense of smell, because they're starting to zero in on his location.

He needs to come up with a plan quick!!

Charlie decides to run for it.

It's incredibly risky, but he cannot stay here. He runs as fast as he can, hoping to make it out of the vicinity of the cats who may be searching for him.

He runs down a nearby street.

As he runs, he eventually makes a wrong turn down a side street.

Suddenly, he runs into a dead end. He looks around frantically, trying to come up with a plan, only to realize that the cats have found him...

They were waiting just in front of the alley, and they come running towards him, snarling and hissing.

Charlie has nowhere left to run, he's been cornered.