Prologue

The stars shined in the sky. The night tone consisted of dark blues and purple hues. The moon shone above it all, almost as bright as the sun.

To complete the picture, a beautiful adult woman sat in a cozy chair on the balcony of her apartment.

No one was out at this hour. It was quite late at night, but time didn't seem to matter to her. Just like the sky at night, time was beautiful yet uncontrollable.

The thought made her shiver more than the wind ever could as it weaved through her blonde hair. She continued to stare at the moon in silence.

Her earth-brown eyes casted a reflective glow for anyone watching. The leaves danced in an unpredictable pattern, moving this way and that. The cars moved at lightning speed. But nothing could draw her tired eyes away from the moon.

Insomnia hurt her a lot more than other people. She was a positive person, always looking for the rays of sunshine in the day and the brightness in the darkness of night. She was too good to deserve pain yet, she still received it.

Shadows danced around her and she still kept her eyes to the moon. The air got colder and she kept her eyes on the moon. The thoughts of loneliness clouded her vision with tears; she kept her eyes on the moon.

Her attention wasn't on the moon, however. She was focused on what was beyond it. She was focused on what the moon was blocking her from seeing: Heaven. It was where she was sure her mother arrived at a few hours ago.