Shifting

Leah and Ade waits for the daylight to break. And just like that, Sam Uley and his "friends" goes in to the woods just as expected. The two glanced at each other as if saying thats there signal. They walk quietly. Surprisingly for Leah to notice how good Ade is with this.

"I practiced hunting with my dad." Makes sense Leah thought.

"Hey they're going-" They see how Sam started to lead everyone further.

"Faster with the camera!" Leah hissed at Ade who panics as Sam finally goes out of their sight. But Ade was able to look one last time and see it himself.

Sam Uley turned to something else

Leah was busy being hysterical.

"Great, just great. Stupid camera-"

"You missed it." Ade said in a defeated tone.

They walked back to the cabin with Leah still going on about their failed attempt, while Bella bid goodbye to Jacob.

"You're awfully quiet." Bella remarked.

"Not now." Ade tries to focus on driving.

"It's okay. I know." She was very understanding and concerned but mostly understanding.

"You do? Wait what how?" Everything is making Ade a bit excited.

"Jacob told me." She said sounding as if she had been caught red handed. "Look. I know Sam can be intimidating-"

"He is-" honestly he shrugged

"But I really think, you and Leah can do this." She cheered

"Yeah, you really think so? Or I can just threaten him with dad's rifle." He joked.

They got home just in time for dinner. Charlie was already there in the table waiying for his children. Bella opens the conversation.

Ade doesn't even think its a good time to let Charlie know anything about it.

"But Bill and Harry is Dad's bestfriends. You need to tell him." Bella nudged.

"Okay. Fine." Takes a deep breathe. "Dad. Don't be shocked. But-"

Bella bursts it out for him "He's dating Leah."

"What!?" Adrien is surprised. Charlie just raised his brows.

"Ade don't do that." Charlie said in a concerned tone. He was makingbsure Ade doesnt make the same mistake he did. All he knows is that his son is engaged.

"I'm kidding!" Bella tries to save him realizing Charlie has no clue of Ade and his ex fiance.

Ade pulls Bella to the side unsuspectingly.

"That's what you thought this whole time?" Ade shakes his head at Bella.

Charlie gets a disturbing call from the station, dead body found.

"Again?" Ade asks disappointingly, Bella gives him an I told you its not the Cullens look.

-----

"Oh wow, somebody's dressed up," Ade said jokingly to Bella although he seemed to be headed out as well so Bella eyes him from head to toe.

"Bye dad, I'm meeting my friends we're just gonna watch a movie." Bella hives a snarky look at Ade befire she leaves.

Meanwhile Ade takes seat as Charlie cleans his rifles. He had thought about opening up about his broken engagement. But at that moment maybe Charlie felt sentimental especially looking at a carbon copy of his ex wife. He might've given him an advice or two for a relationship he has no idea had been over.

"Anyway, I'm going. I'll see you at dinner."

-----

"Uhm Leah... is not home." Emily told Adrien but it seemed more than just Leah being not there.

"I don't understand. We agreed to meet." It does felt weird that she would just blow him off.

Sam sees Ade inside his home, he gives Emily a kiss and asks Ade of his business. He didn't take Sam as the jealous type, but looking at how he stood beside Emily, that's kinda guarded. It didn't really surprised him. Not to be over confident but he does know he has some kind of effect to ladies.

"I'll get going then, uhm let her know I stopped by?"

"We will." Sam said, Emily gives Ade a kept smile.

As Ade walks he sees both Embry and Quil, Jacob's friends. They cut their hair. They seem meaner now. But of course Ade didn't say a word.

There's no sign of Leah. He gets startled as Bella gets home with her own dilemma. It seems she got into an awkward situation with Jacob.

"Must be a full moon thing." Ade laughs at his own remarks but Bella is clueless. Ade recalls Jacob's friends being with Sam's club. Is it possible? Whatever it is he is thinking.

----

"Jacob has a fever, I think.." Bella said in the morning table. "Maybe Leah got it too."

Bella had then been thinking deep. About what had happened with her and Jacob. It was courageous of him to confess his love for her, although everybody saw it, Bella is still waiting for Edward. And she was afraid that she might forget about him. She needed to go some place where she got to be reminded. The meadow.

Bella stood there.

Ade gets a call from Charlie. Something about hunting. He's with Bill, Harry, and a few townspeople.

"I'll be there in a minute." Ade drops the call and heads to check on Bella. His face goes pale as the room is empty and he sees a man outside their property looking at her window from below. He had colored eyes as well but not like the Cullens. Then it runs away. He knew.

Ade races to wherever Bella is. Luckily for him, he had heard of Bella talking about the meadow before. There was just a guy feeling about it. Sibling thing. He sees her from afar but the guy got there first.

"The Cullens have left you all alone. Vulnerable-" It was Laurent, one of Victoria's former allies. He knew Bella was bluffing about Edward coming to rescue her. Otherwise he would've been there already.

"Bella-!" Ade rushes to her with a rifle in hand. He gets in between his sister and the vampire.

"There's two of you?" Laurent hissed. "One is rotting already." He smiled ready to pounce. But Ade fires his gun, it only made Laurent angry, as he stance to attack again this time making sure to kill the Swans, a group of big wolves counter attacks. Bella is at shock but gets eye contact with the brown wolf that stood beside her for a while before joining the others to chase Laurent.

Ade saw everything. It was crazy. But his main concern is Bella who seems fazed. He takes her home.

----

"Harry didn't make it." That was Charlie's words to Ade over the phone.

Leah haven't been home since yesterday. And Jacob is still with the flu as to what Billy had told Bella.

Bella fixes Charlie's necktie. He's to go to Harry's funeral.

"I'm sorry I couldn't take you with me. Sue wanted it to be small." He leaves in his car.

Ade had been thinking about it. He goes to where they were hunting. He sees it. A shoe print. For sure its Victoria. Then nearby a few paw prints.

------
A/N

Its been a while 😂