The Clumsy Swan

"What do you mean?" Adrien grabs everything and leaves.

He drove worriedly, and seeing the side of the roads change from buildings to tall trees gave him this feeling. He halts and steps on the breaks as he saw something flash in front of his eyes.

Was it a deer? No. It was fluffy. It had a tail. The other one. Was it human?

But no time for that. He looks anxiously at the white interior of the lobby, as he head at the reception where the nurses tend to walk in patients. They usually have a snarky attitude around here, but the reception nurse takes a double look at him, he had always been an eye catcher, even with worrying look on his face, he's the kind that could get away with murder.

"I'm here for Isabella Swan." He said in a manner of urgency. The nurse then gives him a flirtatious smile, but he remained focused with his sister. If this had been a different situation, he would be asking that nurse out after her duty. But its not. She tells him the room number and he thanked her before leaving. Some of the women sneak as he leave, jealous of this patient named Bella, "if she doesn't make it, I'm taking all the men in her life." One nurse joked.

Rene and Bella were having a talk about moving back with Rene and her boyfriend, Phil, since he got a good contract and will be settling for a while. They turn to the door as it open and see Adrien who took a deep breathe as he saw Bella awake. Rene gives Adrien a toght hug before excusing herself to look for Charlie.

"Bells, I went here as fast as I could."

"I'm alright, it's not that bad."

He looks at the elevated casted foot brace and large stitches unconvincingly.

"Yeah, right. 'It could've gotten worse' " He said mocking Bella's mannerisms of head moving side to side, Rene lets Adrien take her seat beside Bella's bed while she goes down to talk to Charlie.

"You're so stupid Bells, falling on a flight of stairs? I push you a lot, you don't get sent to a hospital for this."

"I'm the clumsy Swan."

"Yeah you are." He chuckles but becomes aware of the guy seated in the corner with his eyes closed and his head leaning at the wall. "Who's he?"

"Edward," Bella knew how protective Adrien is, she quickly takes a topic to get his attention away from Edward. "How's life for you?"

"Life's been fair for me I guess. No. Enough about me. I think mom's right Bells. You should go with her, she can take care of you while you're- I mean dad's busy anyway."

"I'll be fine. I don't really want to leave."

"Is this for real? Bella Swan likes Forks? I thought you said the place is like straight out of a horror movie."

"It is. But I have friends here. And dad."

"Alright, alright. If that's what makes you happy." He looks back at Edward again. "How long has he been there? Is the guy even breathing?" He makes a low laugh at Bella who managed to laugh too.

"I missed you so much, Ade." There was something in the way she said it, like she wish she could tell him everything but she can't.

"Missed you too, Bells." He said kissing Bella's forehead, reassuring her she is now safe.