The Forethought

It's still gloomy but atleast the rain has stopped. Bella goes out of her room and sees Adrien in his room from the small opening of the door, walking back and forth while on the phone.

"..How much worse can it get? I feel like everything's falling apart, and Dana she-" his eyes catches Bella peeking and he gently closes the door.

Charlie sat at the breakfast table, busy cleaning his hunting rifle. Bella leans to observe him, and Adrien jumps down the stairs as if he wasn't jittery with his phone call earlier. He ruffles Bella's hair then sees his dad busy.

"Hope you didn't kill Edgar with that."

Bella glares at him "it's Edward."

"It won't matter if he's dead." Adrien laughs but then replaced with confusion when Bella hinted a smile but too quick for Charlie to notice.

"Did you call your mom?"
"She's still busy, but I'll give it a try later." She checks her phone. "Anyway, I'm headed out with Jessica and Angela." She quickly grabs her coat.

"Alright." Then Adrien goes out as well, Charlie continued with the rifle, letting his children be. It'll give him some me time which he badly needed.

"Bells." Adrien drives her.

It was awkwardly silent. But Adrien breaks the ice.

"Hey look, I don't know how much you've heard, but I hope this can be between us."

"Yeah. Sure." Bella was abit overwhelmed "It's just that, I thought you had your life figured out."

"Well, technically I do."

"...but I can't believe Dana would cheat on you, even though she's pregnant, I thought she'd have some kind of decency." Bella exclaimed angrily while facing the road hugging her legs. Adrien was confused at first, it seems that she haven't figured it out and so he plays along. "I mean I knew she would do it sooner or later. Never liked her anyway."

Adrien chuckled "Sooner.."

He pulls over upon seeing two girls at the sidewalk. Bella surprised that he knows what her friends look like.

"Have you been stalking my friends?"
"Well it's easy to spot a Stanley."

Jessica sees her in the car and waves at her excitedly. Especially upon seeing a good looking guy seated beside her.

Bella drops off the car, assuring Adrien that his secret is safe with her.

"Call me once you're going home. I'll pick you up." Adrien tells her and Bella nods but Jessica then pops herself in the openede car window.

"Thank you so much for dropping Bella here!" She's all smiles.

And Adrien tries to smile as well but a bit annoyed. He just raise his hand as if dropping her sister off is nothing really. Not a big deal.

But Jessica seem to want to chat some more though Adrien starts the gas before she can say anything else.

"God Bella, your brother is hot."
"I remember seeing him 3 years ago, he really got all the girls." Angela confirmed. "Too bad he's all acads and no fun."

Bella goes for an awkward smile, of how much different his brother might have become and that she out of all the people did not even noticed it. Though atleast she won't have to worry about Adrien ending up with Jessica. He never liked the Stanleys and he had his reasons.

"Oh hey mom, you called, missing me already?" Adrien jokes.

"How's Bella doing?"

"Well, your daughter's out with her friends. Did you know she's hanging out with Jessica Stanley?" They both laugh.