Some People Leave

"Starting today, I will be driving you to school." Adrien declares.

"What? No. Please don't. Dad?" Bella looks at Charlie for help but he's actually on it as well.

They know something is out there and they just want for Bella to be safe.

She had no choice but to go inside the car and be dropped off. Adrien parks, and almost all girls, and guys too, has their eyes on him. Reaching the stairs, a porsche parks nearby and Bella seem to feel less annoyed upon seeing Edward. Alice waves at Adrien, they were all on their way to him.

"Be nice." Edward tells his siblings as they approach. But Rosalie eyes him from head to toe which Adrien took as an insult. 'You're not as pretty as you think you are.', Adrien thought, and Edward held his laughter in. Rosalie knew he read his thought. But this somehow made Adrien guarded. And Edward had this surprised look on his face.

"Adrien, I believe you've met Alice, my sister. And this is Jasper and his twin Rosalie."

"Hi. Anyway I just dropped her off." Adrien turns back to Bella. "Don't snooze off in class." He ruins her hair and leaves, though Jessica manages to say hi to Adrien but he ignores her, making the Cullens feel second embarassment for her.

Bella and Edward discreetly chat while the class watch a film. Bella remembered Edward being surprised earlier. This sparked up her curiousity. Though he shares that Adrien seem to have a shield as well, only when he deem fit, like for defense, but now it also made him think if Bella could do that as well. To have control over it.

"Hey dad I just bought some groceries on my way back." He ends the call. Driving he sees a familiar girl walking on the side of the road. Yup, the girl who accused him of stalking.

'Nope' he thought then drove past her. Though now he sees her from his rearview mirror and well, he just isn't that kind of guy even if he tries. He drives in reverse and tells for Leah to hop in but she isn't a bit concerned about him. She just went on walking.

'Seriously?' Adrien goes out of his car and tells Leah to get in.

"It's already dark. You can't just walk alone."
"Get lost."
"Look, I promise I'll leave you alone but let me just drop you off to your house. Harry qnd Sue will be worried of you." Leah looks at him, and now he sees she had been crying. "Come on." He opens the car door for her.

It has been a quiet ride. But Adrien asks her about it.

"He broke up with me." She said unfazed now.

"Who? Jacob?"

"Oh my god, you're disgusting." Leah couldn't even.

"Alright. I'm sorry, I just assumed. But hey, things happen for a reason. Maybe he had a really good reason."

"He said he loves my cousin instead."

"Okay... that's- that's something.."

"He met her once."

"I mean it's getting weird now." Adrien shakes his head. "Who falls inlove with a person they just met? That's crazy."

"I know right!? He just he left."

"Well people do leave when things get hard, it's just human nature. But you'll be alright, give it a day or two, eventually you'll realize that it all had a greater purpose. You'll meet someone better than this dude, and no, it's not Jacob just so you won't get mad at me."

"It sounds like you're going thru something yourself."

"Yeah, it's actually a long story."

"Good thing I don't wanna hear it."

Upon reaching the reservation, Leah felt much better than earlier, Adrien also felt somewhat he released a thorn talking with Leah. Though he threatens for Adrien to not speak of this conversation to anyone.

Harry goes out to see him. Adrien only waves at Harry as he needs to go home, and Leah looks at him one more time before going inside.

Charlie was already waiting for him, he's watching a game with a beer in his hand.

"You just missed the first game. Come on drop those first, this is last ten minutes." Adrien joins him. "Where were you? I'm pretty sure there's no traffic here."

"I saw Harry's daughter walking, just dropped her off."

"Oh. Harry did call me earlier about that, seems that Sam broke up with her but what do I know about teenagers."

Then they hear a car out front. The Swan boys head over to peek in the window and see Edward open the door for Bella. They both run to their seats as if they weren't just spying earlier.

"Goodnight, Edward." Bella closes the door and knows what the two guys has been up to. Though she ignores them and she goes up to her room anyway.

Adrien goes up as well after the game, but then hears Bella talking to Edward he thinks, over the phone, not until he hears Edward's voice as well in the same room. He might've drank a lot and didn't want to invade her privacy. Though Edward had only felt him a little late not sure himself if he was seen or not.

"What's wrong?" Bella asks.

"Nothing, I'll see you tomorrow." He kisses her and jumps out the window.

Bella looks as Edward speeds off. And Adrien quietly looking out the window sees a shadow. Now he can't be mistaken. Edward is not just creepy, he is not human.