Chapter 5 Part 2 - Golden Carnival

Kieran's Perspective

Eventually, we arrived at this weird circus thing with one of those spinny doors to get it. "The George's Circus" is what the sign said. Certainly interesting. Usually with these godly places, their name is mentioned so they can gain power, I think they said. Well, time to walk through the door. One twist and some mechanical jaw began to lower above me. What the fuck.
"Umm, any ideas on how to get out of this one, demi-god of demi-god's" I shouted, quivering.
"Why not just go through, surely it can't eat you if you're on the other side?" He uttered in response.
Not the worst idea from a stupid idiot. I proceeded to push the door and as I did the jaw began to slowly drop until the floor opened beneath me. I then went down a massive slide into a random boat which had a TV Screen on saying, waiting for one more.

Chuuya's Perspective

Shit. Well, think that's my queue to go. Bye Kieran! I'll tell Victor you died. No. I shouldn't. I should save him by going down with him. 3 2 1. "Geronimo!" I exclaimed, falling down a massive slide with bumps and twists and turns. Eventually, I landed in a boat sitting next to Kieran. The lights then turned on, revealing a love tunnel which had photos of Aphrodite all around. The boat then began to start running going through showing Poseideon and Zeus quite a few times. That was when we saw something. A 30 foot drop down into the abyss or you could turn left and crash into a horrific death because you hit an island.
"So, how about we jump to that island before we die?" I said
"Y'know I agree." Kieran exclaimed back. We proceeded to jump across to the island where a statue is set holding the Shield Of War. At the feet of the statue, lay a golden seat with a bunch of gears behind it.
"Any ideas on what to do?" I said
"I don't know but I think I need to sit down." Kieran replied.
Shit.

Narrator's Perspective

As he sat down, Kieran began to turn to gold. It began by crawling up his feet and then reached his legs. It kept going further and further up reaching his neck now, causing him to start coughing. At this point, he had no pulse and was slowly dying. Once he turned fully gold, the Shield dropped onto the floor and Chuuya picked it up. That was when a door opened.
"My bad, that wasn't meant for you. It was meant for Ares and his little side piece." A voice said. "My name is Alfie George but you can call me Hephaestus, as I don't need power." That was when the machine began to work backwards, slowly returning him to a state of living however he was unconscious. Chuuya then carried Kieran to the restaurant. When he woke up, he was in the back of a van.