Chapter 6

Amber

My head is still spinning from the effects of transporting across the valley when I hear my sister scream “Medic!” My head whips in her direction seeing her desperately trying to do something to help the poor pokemon. 

 “No, no no! Don't you dare die on me!” She is saying 

A pair of machoke brothers come running out of the village clinic carrying a stretcher followed by doctor Jennifer, a blissey. They gently move my sister out of the way and all three pokemon begin checking over the victims.

“This one is stable enough, take her to room 2 and administer stronger salves.” the blissy orders as the brothers gently pick up the fallen fennekin and place her on the stretcher. 

I am close enough I can hear the blissy muttering to herself and cursing as she inspects the large canine. 

“I need a teleporter! Anyone here able to teleport?” She shouts to the gathering crowd of villagers

No sooner had she finished talking then a Kadabra popped into existence in front of her. 

“Good, I need you to teleport to the shaymin community on sky mountain, they are roughly a day on foot to the east. Their ability to heal wounds far surpasses my own and may be his only chance. Look for an area where flowers grow in an extreme abundance .Now go!” The blissy says as the Kadabra nods and blinks out of existence.

I can hear my sister's cries so I move to her side and nuzzle her “It's him amber, it's definitely him…” she chokes out in between sobs. “ I can't lose him again…” 

I wrap myself around her in a hug “sure they look very similar, could almost be twins but it can't be him. You know our brother, if he had survived he would have gone through a legendary to get to us. Also this one's fur is yellow, not orange.” I say. 

With a sad shake of her head I see Liz's eyes go purple as a lump moves its way out from under her bandana.

“I found this next to him.” She whispers as I look at the badge levitating in front of my muzzle. Taking in the badge I look to the large canine who is struggling to breathe.

“No… that's just not possible!?” I say as the dam on my emotions break and my shield of doubt crumbles

Alex

I don't so much as wake up as I become aware of still existing. Where am I? Am I dead? I start to look around and realize that I am laying on the surface of an endless ocean. There are shimmering multicolored bubbles floating up and out of the water all around me. The bubbles rise into a sky full of stars and disappear from sight. I look at myself to find to my disappointment that I'm still a Growlithe.

From everywhere and nowhere a voice calls out. “Dear child, I am sorry. You were not prepared for that level of energy. In trying to assist you against the dreamers I nearly overwhelmed you…” the voice sounds different, almost sad.

I try to find the voice but fail to. Instead I ask the only thing I can. “Am I dead?

“Very nearly, your body is on the brink, i have pulled you here to my realm so we may talk and to spare you the pain.” The voice says. 

“So this isn't some sort of nightmare?” I say in confusion. “I'm not stuck in some kind of coma or something?”

“Yes child, this is really happening. I brought you here for two reasons. I sensed your deep well of dark emotions from here and brought you here in order to aid you. I also brought you here in the hopes you may be able to aid us…” The voice says