• 6 •

Patrick decided to take Travis's advice and ask Isabella to hang out. He stared at the message he had typed but yet to send. He read over it several times before he sent it.

Patrick.
Hey, would you want to hang out today? I would love to show you around Kansas City.

Isabella stared at the message in disbelief. Everything in her brain told her to say no. But a part of her wanted to say yes. Isabella put her phone down and procrastinated answering his text. She made breakfast, cleaned her apartment, and took a shower before she picked up her phone again to respond. Isabella was about to reject his offer but then changed her text. Isabella had no friends in Kansas City and didn't have time to meet anyone else. This was her chance... even if that meant becoming friends with her ex.

Izzy
Sure! What did you have in mind?

As soon as Patrick heard his phone ding he stopped what he was doing and checked the message. Patrick was a little surprised she said yes but grateful she did.

Patrick.
I was thinking of lunch and maybe top golf?

Izzy
That seems a little unfair... but I'm down.

Patrick.
Great! I'll come pick you up around 11:30? What's your address?

Izzy
*** ******* ****

Isabella looked at the time and started to panic. It was 10:50. She ran upstairs to pick out an outfit. It was pretty hot in Kansas City so she decided to wear jeans, a black tank top, and a white flowy dress shirt.

Isabella got dressed then did light makeup and her hair

Isabella got dressed then did light makeup and her hair. Once she was finished she waited on her couch filled with nerves. Isabella took a deep breath as she heard the doorbell then got up to answer the door.
"Hey, Thanks for coming and picking me up," Isabella said to Patrick and smiled. He was wearing black jeans and a white tee shirt.
"It's no problem. You ready?" He asked her and she nodded then closer to her apartment door behind her.
The drive to the restaurant was a little awkward but luckily the restaurant was close to Isabella's apartment.

<>

"Do you like it here in Kansas City?" Isabella asked then took a sip of her sweet tea.
"I do... to me, it doesn't matter where I live as long as I love my job and the people around me I'm set," Patrick told Isabella.
"How's your family?" Patrick asked a little hesitantly knowing Isabella's past.
"They're good. Moms turned crazy and my dad is a drunk. And who knows where my brother is." Isabella said with sarcasm.
"I'm sorry," Patrick said.
"Don't be... how's your family?" Isabella asked taking the spotlight off of herself.
"They're good, Mia is growing up so fast, and Jackson is... well, Jackson," Patrick said laughing.
"They usually come for most home games. I'm sure they would love to see you. especially my mom. She always loved you." Isabella smiled.
"Your mom is great. I'll definitely make sure to say hi," she says then their food arrives.

"Still putting ketchup on everything?" Isabella teased as Patrick asked the waitress for a bottle of ketchup.
"What can I say, it's delicious," Patrick said defending himself. Isabella put her hands up in surrender.
"Hey, I'm not judging... well maybe a little." She joked. Patrick rolled his eyes. Isabella takes the pickles off of her burger and out of an old habit puts them on Patrick's plate. Patrick smiles and then adds the extra pickles to his burger.

<>
(I have never been to top golf and I don't really know how to play golf so sorry if this is Inaccurate)

They finished lunch and then headed to Top Golf.
"Let me pay. You paid for the food." Isabella said while pulling out her wallet. But Patrick shook his head.
"No, it's ok I got it," Patrick said handing the lady his card.
"Patrick," Isabella said trying to get him to let her pay.
"Izzy... it's ok." He said then handed her a golf club.
Isabella stared at him for a second before taking the club, still not used to the nickname. She then followed Patrick to their spot.
"You want to go first?" Patrick asked and she shook her head.
"Nope. I want to see how you do first." Isabella said and he set the ball up.

He did a few practice swings and then launched the ball. Isabella could tell he was holding back but she appreciated it. Isabella got up from where she was sitting and then stood in position. She swung hitting the ball and it went far. But not where she was aiming.

"Good hit, but it might help to aim," Patrick said and took his position.
"Try holding the club like this." He said then hit the golf ball.

Isabella nodded and then stood where he was previously standing. She tried to hold the club like she saw Patrick but it didn't seem very natural.
"Here," He said the readjusted her hands. Isabella became nervous at his touch but pushed down those feelings immediately. She swung the club and cheered as she saw the ball land right where she wanted. Patrick smiled at Isabella he thought it was cute how excited she got over things.
"See? It's not that hard," Patrick said then continued his turn.

<>

They had finished at Top Golf and Patrick was driving Isabella home. Isabella didn't want to admit it to herself but she had a lot of fun with Patrick and didn't want the day to end. She bit her lip out of nerves then finally built the courage to ask him what his plans were for the rest of the day.
"Probably just relax on my couch. What about you?"
He asked her back. Isabella fidgeted with her rings before asking.
"Well I was going to re-watch the Spiderman movies... would you want to join me?" Isabella asks nervous of his answer.

Isabella hated how nervous and anxious she got over things. She knew it probably had to do with how she grew up but she always beat herself up over it. She started to get mixed up in her mind saying things like. Why did I ask? He's probably busy. Why I'm I like this? But was brought back to reality, when Patrick responded.

Patrick tried to keep cool when Isabella asked him if he wanted to join her Spiderman marathon. He wanted to join her but also didn't want to seem to eager.
"Sure, I haven't seen those movies in a while." Patrick said while pulling up to her apartment building. The last time Patrick had watched the Spider-Man movies was with Isabella in college.
"Me neither, that's why I wanted to to re-watch them." She tells him. They both get out of Patrick's car and head to her apartment.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Who's your favorite spider-man?

Don't forget to like/vote! And don't be a ghost reader! I love reading the comments. If you have any questions let me know!