• 20 •

Big things were coming up for Isabella and Patrick with Christmas around the corner they were flying back to Texas a few days before Christmas and then flying back to Kansas City on Christmas Eve so they could be back for their game against the Raiders. after Christmas, they had a New Year's, Then Superbowl season.

"Ready?" Patrick asked as he walked into their bathroom. Since they were spending Christmas with Patrick's family they needed to go gift shopping and today was Patrick's last day off before they left.
"Yeah, I'll be just a sec," Isabella said while fixing her hair.
"OK, I'll be in the car... Imma start honking if you take too long." He yelled as he left the house.
Isabella went to her closet and grabbed her beige Jorden dunks. She was wearing light jeans with a beige sweater.

 She was wearing light jeans with a beige sweater

"I was this close to honking." Patrick joked while holding up his fingers. Isabella rolled her eyes and then put on her seatbelt.
"It takes time to look this good." She said and Patrick laughed.
"You look beautiful no matter what babe... So target first?" He asked and Isabella nodded.
"Yeah, I'm sure we can find Mia and Jackson a few gifts there." She said and Patrick nodded in agreement.
"Then we can go to the mall for your Parents... Oh, and we need to get wrapping paper. And maybe two boxes for my parents." She said naming off the things they needed.
"Wrapping paper and boxes. Got it... by the way what should I get your parents?" He asked.
"You don't have to get them anything... I'm getting them something more sentimental than costly, and I'm hoping it will show them that we're not just here to give them money." She explained.
"Ok, sounds good," Patrick said and set his hand on her thigh.

<>

"Patrick, Mia is not 5 years old anymore she's 8. She doesn't like that stuff anymore." Isabella reminded him as he was looking at the Baby toys.
"How am I supposed to know what to get her?" Patrick threw his hands up in defeat.
"Come on." She said and pushed the cart to the off-brand American girl dolls.
"Your mom said she's getting a new American girl doll. We can get her some accessories." Isabella said pointing to the right sections.
"This one looks cool," Patrick said as he picked up a pet salon.
"OK, get her a pet to go with it. And we can also get her some clothes." Isabella told him and looked through the clothing options.

"Patrick? Which one for Jackson?" She asked as she held up two different sets of headphones. Patrick looked at them both then put the more expensive one in the cart.
"This one's better." He said then Isabella held up two games for his Xbox.
"That one for sure," Patrick said and pointed to the one on the left. Isabella put it in the cart and put the other one up.
"We probably should get Jackson a few more things if we are going to get Mia this much," Isabella said and pointed to their cart which was filled with Doll stuff and other things. They had gotten a little carried away in the toy section.
"We can get him shoes at the mall, how about something techy for his phone?" He suggested and Isabelle nodded.

<>

"Look, Izzy, it looks like a football," Patrick said showing off the present he wrapped.
"Looks great babe," She complimented while trying to hold in her laugh. She had done the majority of the gift wrapping in the time that Patrick had done 6. And one of them was shaped like a football while the others had jagged edges and type everywhere.
"I should have put you on gift bag duty." Isabella jokes and Patrick holds his chest offended.
"Excuse you. I am an extraordinary gift wrapper." He said then grabbed the last present.
"Just you watch." He tells her then lays the wrapping paper down. Isabella can't help but laugh as she watches her boyfriend try to wrap the stuffed animal that they had gotten for Mia. He eventually gives up and wraps it like a ball.
"Ta-da!" He says while holding the wrapped gift.
"Beautiful. Let's hope no one throws it away thinking it is a ball of extra wrapping paper," She said then took the gift and put it into the suitcase.

<>

"You put the gift suitcase in the back, right?" Isabella double-checked with Patrick as their Uber pulled out of their driveway.
"Yes, I did," Patrick responded and held her hand.
"Ok, just making sure." She said then later her head on his shoulder. Isabella was starting to get nervous and Patrick could tell.
"Relax baby, we have everything." He reassured her and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb.
"I know, I'm just nervous to see my Parents," Isabella told him honestly.
"I'll be right there with you ok? They can't hurt you anymore." He reminded her.
"I know... just- don't leave me by myself with him ok?" She asked and Patrick nodded immediately knowing she was talking about her father.
"I won't." He promised.

There Uber dropped them off at the location of Patrick's private jet and they got onto the plane.
"Wow, this is nice," Isabella said as they entered.
"Get used to this baby, because all offseason it's yours," Patrick says as he wraps his arms around her from behind.
"What are you talking about?" She asked and turned to look at him, still in his embrace.
"Well, when I'm not with you on tour I will be flying with the Chiefs or the brands will fly me out using their plane, so you can use my plane." He explains.
"Patrick-" she began.
"Nope, not hearing it. Let me spoil you, baby." He said and kissed her forehead while pulling her to her seat.
"I don't want to take advantage of your money Patrick." She explained and put on her seatbelt.
"You're not, trust me. I like spending my money on my girl, is that so bad?" He asked.
"No... I just-"
"Ok, then it's settled." He said then put his seatbelt on.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Don't forget to like/vote! And don't be a ghost reader! I love reading the comments. If you have any questions let me know!