• 9 •

Isabella explained everything that Patrick had told her and Joe listened and gave her advice.
"It's just overwhelmed me and you know how I get... I'm sorry." She apologized
"Don't be Izzy. You know I'm always here for you... and I know you are here for me." He said reassuring her. Isabella gave him a smile.
"Thanks, Joey. You're the only family that I have and I really appreciate you." She told him honestly.
"I love you, Izzy. Don't be afraid to call me again." He told her.
"Love you to Joey." She responded and then hung up the phone.

Isabella laid in bed thinking about everything that had happened and how lucky she was to have a brother like Joe. She had a brother but he had gone no contact with her and her family and She hadn't seen him since before she went to college.

Isabella was still lost on what she should do about Patrick. Joe had given her the advice to follow her heart but Isabella was known to let her mind get in the way. Isabella laid in her bed for hours before she had enough. She got up and went into her closet and grabbed the box she hadn't opened in years.

She took a deep breath and opened the box that was filled with pictures, tickets, and cards. All from when she and Patrick dated. At the bottom was a journal. A journal that Isabella had used when she dated Patrick. It talked about the dates they went on, the gifts he gave her, and the many talks they had.

Isabella then read her journals of when they broke up and remembered the pain like it was yesterday. Tears fell down Isabella's face and she wiped them off. Patrick made Isabella happy but also hurt her the most. Isabella put everything back into the box and then put it back into her closet.
Isabella laid back in her bed and finally fell asleep.

<>

The next day she got up and got ready for work. Isabella barely got any sleep so she threw on some shorts and a sweatshirt with a hat.

 Isabella barely got any sleep so she threw on some shorts and a sweatshirt with a hat

Isabella drove to work with the hopes she could avoid Patrick. Isabella walked onto the field and could feel his stare. She had been assigned to the Chiefs Tic Tok page so she went up to Travis and Tyreek.
"Hey, I'm in charge of the Chiefs Tic Tok and I have an idea but I need your guy's help." She then explained the Tic Tok and they loved the idea. Isabella taped a go-pro to a football and handed it to Tyreek. He then threw it to Travis who was at the end zone and he caught it and started dancing with the ball. Isabella laughed at Travis's dancing and ran over to collect the ball.
"That's good guys. Thanks." She said then untaped the ball.

Isabella was set up by the sideline and was editing a montage video and the Tic Tok she had done earlier when she got a call from her manager.
"Hello?" She answered.
"Hey Isabella, I'm calling to ask if there's any way you could come to New York. Your album is almost ready we just need you to double-check and take promotional photos." Her manager asked.
"Oh gosh, um... all be in California soon do you think we could do it there instead? If not would could do it here." Isabella asked. The next Chiefs game was in California against the Chargers and it was an away game.
"Hm... I think we can meet in California. Would Friday through Saturday work?" She asks.
"Let me check with my boss. I'll get back to you later today." Isabella said.
"Alright sounds good. Bye."
"Bye," Isabella says then hangs up the phone and gets back to editing.

Once she finished editing the Tic Tok she posted it with the caption. "POV: You're the ball after Travis Kelce scores a touchdown." Isabella then sends the montage video to her boss through email then closes her laptop. She then sees Brad walking up to her. She starts to quickly pack up her stuff and puts on her backpack.
"Hey... I wanted to apologize. I was a jerk last night and shouldn't have been so pushy." He said and Isabella nodded.
"Thanks for the apology." She said then started to walk away and he followed her.
"Wait. I was hoping we could start over?" Isabella turned back to him.
"Sure... that might be best." She said then gave him a fake smile. He smiled back at her.
"Great... I'll see you around." He said then walked away. Isabella started to walk to her boss's office but saw Travis and Patrick staring at her. Travis motioned for her to come closer and she hesitantly did.
"What did he want?" Travis asked.
"Wanted to apologize and start over." She shrugged.
"Oh, you're not going to become friends with that asshole are you?" Travis asked curiously.
"No of course not. He was probably just apologizing to get out of the mud. I just don't want to have to deal with him." Isabella said honestly.
"Good. I don't like him."
"Kelce!" Coach Reid yelled.
"Go to go, see ya." He said then ran off. Isabella turned to leave.
"Izzy?" Patrick said Isabella wanted to keep walking but he walked in front of her.
"Can we talk after practice?" He asked. Isabella was about to say no but he cut her off.
"Please. If you don't like what I have to say I'll leave you alone for as long as you want me to." He said. Isabella thought about it and then nodded.
"Ok fine. I'll come back down here after my meeting." She told him and he nodded,

<>

Isabella had asked her boss if she could have Friday and Saturday off but still be there for Sunday's game and he gave permission. She let her manager know then went to another meeting. After the meeting was over she went back down to the field and saw Patrick sitting on a bench. She walked over to him and sat on the bench with him.
"I'm sorry for springing that on you last night... but I wanted to say this... Isabella still love you and I know it will take time to build trust again... but I am willing to take it as slow as you want..." He told her. Isabella took a deep breath before she answered.
"Patrick... I can't. I can't just pretend that I'm over everything. I thought I was but... seeing you again just opened old wounds. I still deeply care about you and want you in my life. But I can't just be friends. And I can't be more than friends." She explained.
"We don't have to label anything Izzy. We take it at our pace and we can keep it to ourselves. No outside pressure or opinions." He suggested Isabella bit her lip and stared at the ground. Follow your heart Izzy. Not your mind. She listened to the advice Joe gave her and nodded her head.
"Ok... no labels, just us." Isabella looked at Patrick and he was smiling. Both of them stood up and Patrick pulled her into a much needed hug. Isabella melted in his embrace. She felt safe and she knew she made the right decision.
"Just us." He said with his chin rested on her head.

Isabella.jade

638,272 likes, liked by, Joeyb_9, Patrickmahomes, Killatrav, Bradlyjones, and 3 others

Isabella.jade:❤️

User7282: not me being nosy and zooming in on the pc

Chiefsfan15: what camera do you use?

Kykelce: ❤️

Clarebear7: love you! ❤️
^ Isabella.jade: Love you ❤️

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Don't forget to like/vote! And don't be a ghost reader! I love reading the comments. If you have any questions let me know!