• 18 •

(They fixed the bug!!!!! I have like 7 chapters ready lol so expect one everyday!)
<>

"This is the last box," Isabella said while handing it to the mover. She turned to Patrick with a smile and he smiled back.
"Ready?" He asked while holding his car keys.
"Yeah." She said and then exited her old apartment giving it one last look as she closed the door.

"You already have a key to our house but I have a gift for you." He said once the movers left.
"You didn't have to get me anything." She said and Patrick gave her a little wrapped box.
"Just open it." Isabella opened the box and smiled.
It was a keychain of camera film.
"This is so cute. Thank you." She said.
"Pull the tab." He said and she did and saw photos of her and Patrick.

" He said and she did and saw photos of her and Patrick

"Aw Patrick, this is so sweet." She said and hugged him. She pulled out her keys and then hooked it on.
"Thank you, I love it." She said then connected their lips. Patrick's hands traveled from her face to her waist.
"Welcome home baby." He said and kissed her neck.
"Patrick..." Isabella whispered.
"Jump." He commanded and she jumped wrapping her legs around his waist.

<>

"Hey, Isabella! Me and a few of the others were going to go out for dinner... you are more than welcome the join." Philip told Isabella as she was putting her camera equipment in her bag.
"Oh, sure... where are you guys going?" She asked.
"We are going to *restaurant name*, nothing too fancy." He told her.
"I'll meet you guys there." She said and he nodded.
"OK, see you there." He said then walked away. Isabella put on her backpack and walked to the locker rooms to find Patrick.
"Hey, I'm going to dinner with a few co-workers, so I'll be home later." She told him as he walked over to her.
"OK, have fun." He said and looked around to make sure no one was near and kissed her.
"Text me if you need me." He said and she smiled.
"Thanks, love you." She said pecked his check and walked away.

Isabella walked into the restaurant and saw her co-workers but was a little annoyed when she saw Brad.
She wasn't expecting him to be there and probably would have said no if she had known he would be there.
"Hey, we ordered you a sweet tea I hope that's ok," Philip said and Isabella smiled.
"I love sweet tea. I was born and raised Texan." She joked and they laughed and sat beside her co-worker Alice and across from Philip.
"I've never been to Texas, What is it like?" Alice asked and before Isabella could respond someone cut her off.
"Eh it's as good people say it is," Brad said and everyone looked at him and then back to Isabella.
"It's hot, and everything is big. But it's home and has a lot of memories for me. Good and bad." She explained.
"Well, I would love to visit one day," Alice said kindly and Brad rolled his eyes. Isabella glanced at him and then proceeded to ignore him.

"So, Isabella... I have a 17-year-old sister and she loves your album. Do you mind if I tell her I work with you?" Philip asked her while everyone else was listening to Brad talk about his expensive travels.
"No, I don't mind at all. Tell her thanks for listening." Isabella said and Phlilp nodded.
"I will, she will think I'm the coolest older brother ever." He laughed which got the attention of the others.
"What are you guys talking about?" someone asked them trying to change the subject from Brad.
"Oh, just Isabella's music," Philip answered.
"Oh my gosh, Isabella you have no idea how much I love your album... not in a weird way of course but you have talent," Alice said and took another sip of her wine. Isabella blushed at the spotlight.
"Thanks, guys means a lot." She said.
"Are you going to go on tour?" Alice asked and Isabella looked at Brad who had a stern face.
"I'm not sure yet... but if I did it would be during the off-season or next season." She explained.
"Good. Because you're the best Chiefs photographer and it would suck to lose you... and honestly, I was surprised you didn't get the supervisor role." Alice said with a slur. Isabella tensed and looked over to Brad who looked angry.
"Isabella hasn't even been with us a full season and clearly has other priorities. I think Bradley could see that and chose a better-fit leader." Brad said trying to control his anger but failed. The whole table went silent and Isabella didn't know what to say or do she looked to Philip and he didn't know what to do either.
"I was joking," Alice said softly and awkwardly took another sip of wine. Isabella cringed at the silence at the table. Thankfully the waiter came over and gave them all their checks and the other conversation started. Isabella paid her bill and then got up to leave.
"I'm going to head home, I'll see you guys tomorrow." She said and grabbed her bag.
"I'm leaving too, I'll walk you out," Philip said and grabbed his coat.

"I'm sorry for Brad." Philip apologizes and Isabella shakes her head.
"Don't be. You didn't do anything..." She says.
"Don't take his attitude to heart. You aren't the first girl he's disliked." He tells her.
"What happened to that girl?" She jokingly asks and Phlilp turns serious.
"I don't know... something happened with them and Brad and the next day the girl quit." He explained. Isabella gave him a look of concern.
"Look I'm sure it was nothing... just try and not hang around him too much." He warns as they walk up to her car.
"Oh, uh... ok, thanks for walking me to my car." She thanked him the unlocked it.
"Of course, I will see you tomorrow." He said then walked to his car.

Isabella drove home but couldn't stop thinking about what Philip had said. She unlocked her and Patrick's front door and was greeted by Steel and Silver. She gave them a few pets and then walked into the house where she saw Patrick lying on the couch playing video games. She walked over to him and curled up next to him laying her head on his lap.
"Hey babe, How did it go?" He asked and paused his game. Then ran his hands through her hair.
"Hm... Fine. Brad was there and he made it awkward." She responded with her eyes half closed.
"Did he make you uncomfortable?" Patrick asked worried. Isabella thought about telling Patrick about what Philip said but also didn't want to make a big deal out of it.
"No, He's just not the funniest person to have a conversation with." She responded then got up from the couch.
"I'm going to get ready for bed, wanna pick a movie for us to watch?" She asked and he nodded.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Don't forget to like/vote! And don't be a ghost reader! I love reading the comments. If you have any questions let me know!