• 7 •

Isabella put a bag of popcorn in the microwave then went to her room to grab her favorite sweatshirt and some extra blankets and put on the movie.
"I think you have the wrong sweatshirt on," Patrick said as she brought the popcorn bowl.

Isabella looked down at her sweatshirt and laughed

"Sorry, I may work for the Chiefs but I'm a Bengals fan. Plus this is my favorite sweatshirt." Isabella said and shrugged. She sat on the couch and placed the bucket of popcorn between them.
"You should get a Chief one. They're much softer." Patrick said Isabella just ignored him and hit play.

They were on the second movie and they had finished the popcorn. Isabella moved the empty bowl to the coffee table. She looked over to Patrick to looked half asleep. She felt a sting in her chest as she thought back to when they dated. Where she was curled up in his arms and he would play with her hair. Isabella tore herself out of her thoughts and tried her best to focus on the movie but it was hard when all she could think about was the guy next to her.

After they finished their marathon, Patrick was getting ready to leave and was putting his shoes back on.
" Again, sorry for falling asleep." Patrick apologized and then stood up.
"It's ok there were plenty of times back in the day were I fell asleep when we watched a movie," Isabella said with a smile.
"Remember that time you begged me to watch a dumb chick flick movie and you fell asleep 1o minutes in?" Patrick laughed at the memory.
"To be fair you ended up liking that movie." Isabella teased.
"I said it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't like it." Patrick defended himself.
"Hm, sure..." Isabella said not believing him.
"Anyways, I had a lot of fun today... we should do this again." Patrick said Isabella nodded.
"Only if I can pay," She tells him.
"Not happening... I'll see you tomorrow." He said then hugged her. Isabella tensed at first but then hugged him back.

Isabella locked the door after he left. Then took a deep breath and pushed all her feelings away.
She folded all her blankets and cleaned up the snacks and drinks. After cleaning up Isabella tried distracting herself with her phone but it didn't work. She got out her notebook and started to write her feelings and turned them into song lyrics.

Isabella.jade

jade