Extras #14: My Universe Sister

A/N: So this is written a little differently—my delusional take on what Michelle's thoughts would be from the start. I'm still gobsmacked (arse over tit, as brits would say) by all the outpour of PorDee content, and my heart is just so full. I'm so so proud of those two—they are rare gems, and I would never regret supporting them. I know I chose the right ship, I'd willingly go down with this one. Until then, I'll keep writing. Here it goes...

===

I've never really believed in fate or coincidences or chances.

But I believed in destiny.

And no, it's not the same—I will fight you on this.

Fate means something happens when the universe conspires with this unknown unstoppable force. Coincidence is a stroke of luck. And chance was a fortuitous possibility.

Those were things out of your control. Inevitable. Irrevocable. Kismet.

Destiny was different.

There's a sense of purpose in destiny—I can influence it, I can make it happen purely because I have the drive to make it happen.

As 'The Alchemist' says, "when you want something, the whole universe conspires in order for you to achieve it". Destiny starts with me, and not by some invisible force. I am the mastermind, the author of the chapters of my life, and the artist of what I envisioned of my future.

Fate was a fool's thought.

...until I met her—Anntonia Porsild.

...

From that very first IG post I saw of her, I knew I was acting out of body—like some invisible string was connected to me and controlling my actions.

Those five pictures stirred something within me, and the comment I posted had set off something in motion, something out of my control—it's like a wave washed over the universe and a string has both our hearts tied on knots.

I just didn't know it yet.

...

I might have lied when I said I didn't remember our first meeting—and I would take this secret to the grave.

But I did remember meeting Anntonia, and her version of first meeting was right.

We did see each other briefly during registration.

How could I ever forget that radiant smile directed at me?

And I confess.

I fucking flaked.

I walked into those doors, with my shades, and with the confidence of a lion—a predator ready to hunt and pounce.

But then Anntonia 'caliente' Porsild was walking towards me.

And the lion turned into a tamed kitty—I was suddenly the helpless prey on a hunting ground and Anntonia was Artemis.

I felt my heart race at seeing the girl in the flesh—and mierda, the pictures did not do her justice. From the eyes of Z, she was the literal meaning of a goddess. I felt myself losing my breath with each second.

I was in full on gay panic—and I wasn't gonna let people see this. That would be so pathetic. I wasn't gonna lose my cool. I mean, I didn't even know her! For all I know, this Porsild girl was deliberately trying to throw me off my game.

She was about a few steps away from me—and gods, that smile was blinding. My racing heart came to a stop, skipping beats for the few seconds that her stare was directed at me.