Trouble in the Courtyard

After Neville's first few classes, it was time for lunch and he wanted to hang out with Luna. He wasn't too sure where to find her so he would have to go for a walk around. At first he checked the library, he didn't see any sign of her, although he did see Hermione. "Neville, hey! Are you having a good first day back?" Hermione said as she saw Neville walk into the section of the library she was snooping through books in.
"Hey Hermione, I mean the classes are kind of iffy but I mean it's not too bad"
"Well I'm loving class! I'm enjoying that the work is a little bit more difficult, it allows our brains to learn more and expand" Hermione said in excitement. "Neville... are you ok? You seem on edge" Hermione said confused.
"Oh me? Yeah I'm fine" Neville gave off a nervous laugh. "But.. I was wondering if you had seen Luna anywhere? Or maybe you may know where she is?" Neville asked in relief.
"Oh, well I know Luna loves strolling through the courtyard, she even sits in a corner reading sometimes, so I would check the main courtyard" Hermione said thinking.
"Ok thanks Hermione" Neville said as he turned to walk towards the courtyard before Hermione began talking again.
"Neville before you go... you seem to be excited to see Luna..?" Hermione said hoping to find out something. Neville slowly turned back around blushing.
"Oh! Uhhh... well I mean she's one of my best friends aha! That's all really!" Neville then turned around and swiftly made his way to the courtyard before Hermione said anything else.

As he went to the courtyard, he grabbed the attention of Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. "Longbottom! Hadn't had a chance to say hi yet! How rude of me!" Draco said as the gang began laughing. Neville tried to walk away but was then cornered. "Don't you think it's kinda rude to walk away without replying?" Neville then noticed Crabbe crack his knuckles. Sweat then dripped from Neville's forehead... he knew he was about to be bashed. "Crabbe, Goyle, do you think Longbottom should just be able to walk away like that?" Draco said in a sarcastic tone as he gripped Neville's collar and through a punch at his face. "Arnt you gonna do anything about it Longbottom? Huh!" As Draco let go of Neville, he fell to the ground where Crabbe and Goyle began kicking Neville in the guts. Neville began crying and realised he was too weak to fight back.

"Get off him!" A sweet but strong voice said behind Neville, as he was on the ground. "Epelliarmus!" And suddenly Draco, Crabbe and Goyle fell back onto their backs and grunted. Neville tried getting up but couldn't, so he pushed himself to sit up against the wall, tears streaming down his face as his hands rested on his stomach. The gang got up and ran away. Neville then heard foot steps approach him. "Neville, are you alright... it think I should take you to the hospital wing" said a calm voice. "Luna?" Neville said wondering if it was her. Luna squatted beside him and put an arm around Neville to help him up. Neville felt her gentle touch and he found comfort in that. He managed to get up with the help of Luna and she helped him up to the hospital wing.