12

CHAPTER TWELVE
( irl, tiktok, messages )

LAYLANI IS LOOKING at her best friend with a frown, Lela is bed rotting herself. everyday after school she would just lay in bed.

it's been two days since Brady stopped talking to Lela. Lela has been somewhat depressed, she didn't know what she even did wrong. did he just talk to her just to play with her feelings?

but Brady on the other hand is feeling the same way, he's been somewhat depressed too, he didn't want to stop talking to Lela but he had to.

at the new year's party after they kissed, Lela went ahead with Laylani while Brady went to the bathroom. when he finished he washed his hands and opened the door.

Brady met with a light skin guy and a few of his friends "did you kiss Rays girlfriend?" a white guy asked "i'm sorry girlfriend? nah sorry, you've got the wrong guy" Brady smiled.

Brady tried to walk pass them but one pushed him back "nah, man. Lela and i have been in a relationship for a while now, she's just playing with you man. she just wants the clout" Ray laughed.

Brady shook his head "nah, she's not like that" Brady frowned "she un prived her accounts when she met you, she just wanted the clout" Ray shrugged as he laughed.

Brady walked away from them, the whole ride to his hotel was silent. he didn't even speak at all.

and now he's sitting on his bed as he watched Lelas tiktok's. he missed her so much but she was "using him" and Brady didn't want his heart broken more that it already was.

Laylani sighed "girl ima text his white ass and beat him up" Laylani grabbed her phone "no, no" Lela grabbed Laylanis hand.

Laylani rolled her eyes "you need to get out of bed" Lela shook her head "i went to school" Lela looked at her best friend "for a half day, have you've done any work?" Laylani asked.

Lela looked at her nails and shook her head "Lala, you said you'll do better this year" Laylani sighed "i know but i'm tired, tried of everything. i-i just feel so empty" Lela explained.

Laylani frowned, she hasn't seen her best friend like this since covid and last time Lela barely made it out alive.

Laylani grabbed Lela's hand "i'm always here for you baby, have you talked to Dr. Lee?" Laylani asked "i'm going tomorrow, i'm not going to school by the way" Laylani nodded understandably.

Laylani looked at her best friend "have you eaten?" Laylani asked "yeah" Lela smiled "no you haven't, don't lie. come on" Laylani said dragging Lela out of bed.

Lela resisted "noo let me rot in my room" Laylani groaned "i'll let you if you sit at ur vanity" Laylani said realizing they have to take baby steps.

Lela nodded and got up and sat at her vanity "i'll be back" Laylani smiled and walked out as Lela sat there on tiktok.

she decided to do one, she felt somewhat pretty and made a tiktok.