Chapter |5|

Chapter |5|

It was around 3 o'clock in the afternoon when I saw the familiar big, old rusty board saying 'Welcome to Silver Valley'. My hands tightened against the steering wheel as my car moved along the path that was etched into my brain like no other.

The familiar green bushes that guided the path into the town and the bright flowers sent a small ache as the memories of the last time I'd been here swarmed me.

"I'm sorry, mom. It's my fault," I whispered before breaking down into sobs.

I rested my head on the board of my mother's coffin as the pain of losing my mother made my body tremble with every tear.

My dyed black hair stuck to my neck, my bangs almost reaching my nose, curtaining my swollen, blotchy eyes while the rest of my hair hid my face.

My knees buckled under me and I couldn't hold on any longer as I fell down on the ground.

My black dress was absorbing the water from the wet grass, making big patches on it. My body felt weak as I kept on crying.

I was the one at fault. Mom left me and it was all my fault.

A single tear ran down my face as the painful memory entered into my mind. I clutched my hands tightly until I couldn't take it any longer. I swerved my car out of the road and parked it on the side. Once I killed the engine, I held my head in my hands.

I could sense a panic attack coming so I continued taking deep breaths.

No. Not now. Please.

I thought I had let go of these panic attacks when I abandoned Skylar but I guess there are things which you can't have any control over. 

After a few minutes of sitting like that, I calmed down. Once I was sure that I wasn't going to have a repeat episode of the same thing, I looked up. I lifted my head to see that there was a small coffee shop right in the corner.

Wiping my face, I got out of the car and picked my the poly bag that held my belts and my wig.

I put the wig on my head and adjusted it so that my hair didn't come out. I sat in the back seat of the car and pulled the sweatpants over my shorts and wore my hoodie on top of my white top. After that I got out and headed towards the coffee shop. I hid my face with my black hair and as discreetly as possible, I slid into the shop and headed towards the washroom.

I did this so that no one questioned the fact that how a brunette came out with jet black hair and got twice her size only in a span of few minutes.

Getting into the washroom without creating much suspicion, I started wearing my belts.

Once I was done, I discreetly exited the shop and sat back in my car. Taking one last deep breath, I started the car.

Driving through the maze of the roads easily, I finally reached the destination.

The entrance to where the Ball was going to be held along with the activities was beautifully decorated with different kinds of roses, forming a beautiful pattern.

There was a big board that read 'Get ready to live your Once Upon A Time'

I almost snorted at that, feeling my earlier panic fading away. I entered the grounds and parked my car in the parking lot.

Getting out of the car, I picked up my suitcase and proceeded towards the Registering desk where all the invited families had to get their names confirmed before heading inside.