Chapter |34|

NOTE: @thefictionawards is launching something called 'The Fiction Awards' which is a competition for all genres and is 100% fan voted. If you want, you can go vote for TCBB under Teen Fiction category. I would love it if you could :) And if any of you want participate, you can do that as well. You can check the information on how to vote or compete on their profile.

I wish everyone a good luck!

QOTD

Chapter |34|

Chapter |34|

Sometimes thinking you're truly happy, is just an illusion you weave yourself into so that you won't have to experience hurt when you've already been through so much.

Maybe that's why, even when Andrew left me in the store yesterday- even when I felt his hurt- I couldn't make myself change my decision of leaving.

Andrew hadn't talked to me and I didn't force him to. He didn't tell anyone else about my leaving and I was thankful for that.

I'd asked myself whether I was being selfish. I'd asked myself to reconsider because I was going to hurt everyone I cared about. But then the question came. What if I hurt them more by staying?

I knew I could easily stay but was it going to be for me? I mean, honestly, would I be staying for them or for myself?

No matter how much I smiled with the people here, no matter how much I felt like home, the truth was always going to be the same screeching voice at the back of the deepest corners of my mind, yelling that this was not my home.

The past would never leave me until I found a way to start fresh. It would hide in the shadows of my mind, forcing itself into my happiness, creating cracks into it, never letting me live freely.

And I didn't want the dread of my past deep into other people's happiness.

I needed time away from anything that reminded me of everything that I'd been through. Maybe once I got over it, I could come back. I needed peace and calm instead of the storm that still brewed inside me.

Keeping this in mind, I listened to the person on the other end of the call. "Your ticket has been emailed to you. Check the details and tell me if you need anything."

"Alright. Thank you," I spoke, barely any emotion reflecting my words.

I disconnected the call and resumed my position on the bed, staring at the ceiling. A soft, happy murmur of voices echoed from downstairs, making it difficult for me to gather courage to tell them that I'd be leaving tomorrow.

The gift box that had my dress in it felt as if it was constantly poking a part of my head, making it's presence known even when it wasn't in my line of sight.