Chapter |23|

Okay...so I was suffering from a very bad writers block and wasn't going to update for a while. BUT since it's my best friend's birthday, and she loves this story of mine the most, I forced my brain to function.

So... HAPPY BIRTHDAY❤️❤️  (Here's one gift that I'm actually giving on your birthday😂😂 since you opened the rest yesterday)

Chapter |23|

I stared at the text on my phone for the longest time, trying to calm my nerves. My heart was beating fast as I anticipated what I was about to face.

In big black letters was the address of the place I was supposed to meet Mr. Henderson. I stared at it for I don't know how long before convincing myself that it wasn't anything big.

Another dilemma I faced was how to go as. Skylar, or Penny?

I stared in the mirror as I examined my face. In the past few days, since the last time I got the call from Mr. Henderson, I'd visibly been shaken and the dark under eye circles were a proof.

Daniel and I had a weirdly good and a happy relation now. Ever since he had shown me the observatory, shedding one of his walls for me to see, we had become strangely comfortable with each other. In fact, we still bickered a lot but that usually ended up in laughter.

In fact my inability to treat wounds was thoroughly made fun of now, courtesy of the devil himself since I did manage to scratch myself in the thorn bushes a couple of times.

These few days had been really happy ones. Surprisingly, Daniel had started staying more at home and neither Emma nor I knew why but we didn't question it.

Drew was the perfect brother anyone could ever ask for and Chloe the most adorable kid ever. It had been hard for me to wipe the grin off my face these past days. That's how happy I'd been.

But that's what scared me. Because this was too good to be true.

The last time I'd been this happy, was when my mom was alive. The thought of having this happiness ripped from me was what made me tremble.

I shook my head and pushed out these negative thoughts out of my mind and dressed up as Penny. It was safer since that way if anyone did spot me, there wouldn't be questions since Skylar had supposedly left already.

I pulled on my belts and wig and adjusted the other necessary things before examining myself once again.

Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my phone before heading out. I shut the door behind me before descending the stairs only to run into the devil aka Daniel.

He looked up in surprise. I was getting a bit late so I tried passing him.

"Can I borrow some oil? There seems to be plenty dripping from your hair," he said, making me look at him.

He supported a tiny smirk as he typed something on his phone.

"I seriously think I prefer the brooding Daniel, now," I replied a bit dramatically.

He just gave me a tiny grin. "Nope. You took your chances when you said you wanted to be friends with me," he said making me narrow my eyes in return.