Chapter |28|

The imagine contest winners are...

*DRUM ROLL*

1) @blissfully
2) @dabookbabe

Congratulations!!! (Please read the A/N at the end for your imagine info)

Thank you all for participating. I wish I could've chosen more but sadly I couldn't.

There were some of you who had amazing answers for either one of the questions. And I enjoyed reading all of your creative answers too!!

QOTD

Chapter |28|

Chapter |28|

Numb.

That's what I felt as I stared blankly at the white ceiling.

I was lying on the bed, unmoving. My eyes had given up all their tears so I couldn't cry even if I wanted to. I don't know how much time it had been since I lay like this.

From what I knew, I had been brought back by Andrew who had watched me run to the cemetery in the pouring rain. I didn't ask him what he was doing back so early or why he decided to chase me down.

In fact, I didn't say a word to anyone at all.

My throat was parched but I refused to drink water. I just lay in bed, staring up at the White ceiling, thinking of how stupid I was.

How much of an idiot I was because I let myself believe Alicia and Lacey's words. How foolish I was that I let them trample me with their words.

I had let them make me think that I was better off dead and that was unacceptable. I wasn't better off dead and I knew that.

No one was better off dead.

Life wasn't supposed to be wasted like that. It wasn't a game because you couldn't just throw away the board if you were losing.

When I'd woken up, it was dark. I'd just felt a stinging pain on my forehead where there was a thick bandage preventing my wound to bleed.

A wound that I'd let Alicia and Lacey cause without even touching me. They didn't need to. I did their work for them, myself.

I lay there for hours, until I convinced myself to get up. I had locked the door of my room since I didn't want anyone to come in. I didn't want anyone to see me like that.

It took all of my physical and mental strength for me to part from the bed. I staggered my way to the door. I didn't bother to look at the mirror because I knew I would be looking half dead.